Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

return postage question

(14 Posts)
allinall Sat 05-Dec-15 16:39:09

Hi all, I hope someone can advise me. I've done a bit of buying and selling on eBay, without too many problems. However, I recently bought an item which had parts missing and wasn't in the original box, but had been listed as new! I messaged the seller that I wasn't happy, and she said I could return the item for a refund.

However, she has said she will not refund what it will cost me to send it back. This seems unfair to me - why should I have to pay to return an item that was not as described? She wouldn't budge, so I have opened a case against her.

My question is, what do I do now? I have her address, but if I send the item back I'm out of pocket. I've heard nothing from the seller since opening the case. EBay just say they will intervene if we don't sort it out in the next week. How do I get a returns label or whatever I need so she pays for the return of the item? Should I just send it back anyway?

TIA

summerwinterton Sat 05-Dec-15 18:44:21

you open a case with eBay.

allinall Sat 05-Dec-15 19:06:02

I've done that, but I assume I won't get my money back without returning the item ( and that's only fair), but I don't think I should have to pay to send it back.

Vajazzler Sat 05-Dec-15 19:06:43

Definitely open a not as described case with eBay. The seller must pay return postage

allinall Sat 05-Dec-15 20:32:30

I've already opened a case but have heard nothing since from the seller. How do I get her to send me a returns label? Or do I just sit it out?

zombiesarecoming Sat 05-Dec-15 20:34:54

Sit it out, keep responding to her stating it isn't as described and she must pay return postage then as soon as you can escalate it to ebay to look at as unresolved they will send you a postage label to return it and charge her for it

allinall Sat 05-Dec-15 21:12:20

Thank you. Will see how that goes. Idon't think she'll be happy about that!

19lottie82 Sun 06-Dec-15 01:46:33

If you don't have any joy with the seller, contact eBay and ask for a returns label.

glammanana Sun 06-Dec-15 07:07:25

I have just made a request for a pair of boots I bought last week to be returned to the seller,they where ripped inside and had more than reasonable wear to the heels,the seller at first didn't respond but once ebay became involved and I uploaded pics they sent email for me to print off return label for return postage so keep on at them to do the same. Good luck.

allinall Sun 13-Dec-15 20:55:31

Hi, thanks for all your advice. She still refused to pay postage so I had to go to eBay to sort it out. Got a full refund today and don't have to send the item back (though it's useless anyway with bits missing, but saves me the trip to the post office).

zombiesarecoming Sun 13-Dec-15 21:00:06

Excellent result

19lottie82 Mon 14-Dec-15 10:48:14

Well done OP make sure you leave appropriate feedback. Keep it factual and don't get emotional or insulting!

allinall Mon 14-Dec-15 14:15:12

I've just left feedback. Very polite but factual. Thanks for the advice, everyone.

uurrghhhhhh Tue 15-Dec-15 22:27:04

I had the exact same problem and ebay resolved it in the same way. By chance she lives about 30 mins away and is calling me a thief and threatening to come to my house. Idiot

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now