Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Why do people bother buying things if they have no intention of paying?

(7 Posts)
Cerseirys Wed 18-Nov-15 16:10:17

I sold a bundle of DS's outgrown clothes on Sunday night and the buyer still hasn't paid. I've sent a payment reminder and messaged asking them to pay but nothing. If I've not been paid by tomorrow I'm going to have to open an unpaid item case. It's really annoying because now I've lost a week where I could've had the bundle on ebay and perhaps sold it by this coming Sunday. Why bother buying if you don't want to pay??

summerwinterton Wed 18-Nov-15 16:44:00

Why not open an unpaid case now? You can do it after 48 hours. And do add them to your blocked bidder list too

Cerseirys Wed 18-Nov-15 17:09:59

Can I do that now? I thought I had to give them 3 whole days to pay. Will open a case then, thanks summer!

summerwinterton Wed 18-Nov-15 19:02:50

yes you can do it now

Schoolisback1973 Sun 22-Nov-15 13:23:21

I have just had the same issue and had to open two cases. Really annoying. The interesting part is that I was well shocked at how high they bidded. Its almost as if they regretted bidding so high..
I am going to have to relist. I forgot to block them so thanks summer for the advice.

peartatty Sat 05-Dec-15 20:05:12

I find if you request details and phone them asking nicely for an update they always pay.

zombiesarecoming Sat 05-Dec-15 20:24:09

Did they bid last minute then ignore the fact they had won or did they place a bid early in and a few days later it finished and they have won it ?

I have sometimes put a start bid on and not heard the app on my phone a few days later when I have won something so it may be s genuine mistake

If you use the advanced link on the right next to the search box, then go back to the left of the screen there is a request contact details link, put in buyer name and item number and you will get an email with there details and phone number

If not file non payer and relist, some people are just twats others are just forgetfull

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now