Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Had my account trashed urrhhh!!

(15 Posts)
glammanana Tue 10-Nov-15 17:53:59

I read on another thread lappy mentioned she had fallen foul to a couple of buyers and has paid the cost,well this week has been the week from hell as my seller has really thrown his dummy out of his pram.
I said on his feedback form that I was' n't impressed being charged £6.00 postage when it cost him £2.80,I know the world and his friend will say well you knew the cost before you bought but in all fairness I thought the item would be bigger and heavier hence the comment by me,he gave me such an awful reply to the feedback verging on personal so I had to ring ebay and they kindly removed it.
So guess what this charmer did he bought one of my items on BIN he then emailed me asking how soon he could get item as he wanted to leave feedback,"smelling a rat" comes to mind here so I telephone ebay and they suggest malicious bidding and to cancel the sale and refund,I know for a fact that he would have found fault or stated item not received.After I cancelled and refunded he did no more than give all low marks and negged my account,to make matters worse my daughter called to-day and tells me the boots I bought from him are not genuine and I dare not send them back as he will have a field day with me I'm sure.Where do I go from here lappy you are sure to have some advice it would be most welcome.

19lottie82 Tue 10-Nov-15 23:52:18

Call eBay and report him for "revenge feedback", and you cancelled the item on their advice, so shouldn't receive a defect.

If he sold you a fake item then open an item not as described case. He's done all he can at this stage, so it makes no sense not to open a case of you were mis sold an item.

19lottie82 Tue 10-Nov-15 23:56:11

But surely describing your account as "trashed" is a slight exaggeration?

To prevent situations like this in the future, always

1) contact the seller to try and resolve any issues BEFORE leaving feedback ( I don't know if you did or not I this situation, did you?)

And

2) if you feel that you have no choice but to leave neutral or negative FB after failing to resolve the issue with the seller, always add them to your list of blocked buyers, in order to attempt to prevent any "revenge feedback"

Lappy214 Wed 11-Nov-15 00:19:04

I'd suggest contacting e-bay again to get his low stars scores removed together with his negative feedback.

I'd also not hesitate one little bit to start an item not as described claim against him for the boots which are not genuine (possibly explains why they were smaller and lighter than you expected).

I would suggest also setting up an additional e-bay account if possible and do your buying on one account and your selling on another.

I have the use of 3 accounts all linked to my paypal account as I took over my sister and SIL's accounts to list their stuff and sell for them a long time ago and now they no longer use the accounts, just ask me to list and sell their items from time to time and trust me to pay over the net proceeds.

It was just sod's law that the one account that got the 2 negative feedbacks was my own original account !

Good Luck glamma, hope it gets sorted out.

glammanana Wed 11-Nov-15 08:52:11

I did try and resolve before leaving feedback and got short shrift from him,I just think he is just an aggressive person tbh.
I think I will open another account for buying only as suggested is it easy to do.
I have to fill in report for ebay and send it back and they will remove feedback but said low star marking will stay on my account marking me down from 100% to 99.6% which is a bummer after working so hard to keep it at 100 for so long.
Thanks for responses ladies.

summerwinterton Wed 11-Nov-15 09:55:25

Open a case and send the boots back for a refund - why on earth wouldn't you? Don't let the bully get away with it. And block anyone who is bad in future so they can't bid. eBay will remove his feedback so your account won't be trashed.

Lappy214 Wed 11-Nov-15 11:30:51

I wouldn't worry about that missing 0.4% glamma

I'm still creeping back up - now at 97.5 % but it's a long slog.

I've bought some small packing materials on my ID as I think buying positive feedback counts as well.

When I'm buying, I usually consider 98%+ to be ok if I'm checking out a seller before bidding/buying.

SistersOfPercy Wed 11-Nov-15 17:44:21

This is why you should always have a separate buying and selling account.

As lottie says you should be able to get this resolved easily, but please now block him and go and open another account just for buying.

glammanana Wed 11-Nov-15 20:34:52

Can I have two accounts running from the same pay-pal account ? I'm a bit of a dummie when it comes to technic's etc.Do I just apply for a new one and give all my details that I am using now but under a different user name.
I've had the feedback removed as malicious bidding but they wont reinstate my full 100% which is bad really as they can see that I never posted item so all the down marking for the stars don't come into it really,very unfair.

summerwinterton Wed 11-Nov-15 23:03:58

Yes you can - you just use a different email address.

SistersOfPercy Wed 11-Nov-15 23:35:30

Yep, as summer says just use a separate email and pick another username.
I've run two accounts this way for many years. Just make sure the new account is the buying one as obviously the feedback you've accrued on your existing one will be favorable for selling.
Sorry you've found a tosser sad

glammanana Thu 12-Nov-15 08:42:16

Thanks ladies,will set up another account,I have decided not to return the item as I can't be ????? to be in discussion with this guy even though I have blocked him he is the kind to make waves some other way and I'm all for the simple things in life I need to get past it now and forget about him and carry on with my selling for the wedding which is slowly creeping up on us,June will be here so soon and I want plenty of $$$$'s for LVegas I have a shopping trip to organise if you get my drift.lol.

summerwinterton Thu 12-Nov-15 13:27:48

you can open a case and let eBay deal with it. Don't let the fear of him stop you getting your money back. And I hope you left follow up feedback stating he sold you a fake item.

glammanana Thu 12-Nov-15 17:42:33

Summer I didn't mention the "fake " item as I cannot really prove it but DD is convinced they are fake but I didn't want to open another can of worms really,I have enough going on at moment with my job etc and managing with a broken shoulder since June (another saga) but have left feedback that he cannot have removed as it is not insulting in any way but gets the message across.

wobblywindows Sun 15-Nov-15 21:57:56

You can report him for selling fake / counterfeit goods. There is also the VerO program.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now