Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Not sure if item has been paid for?

(12 Posts)
HackerFucker22 Wed 28-Oct-15 15:49:44

Basically this.

When I go onto my sold page it says I am awaiting payment for one item, but the actual amount due is in the green / received field (as opposed the red / not received field)

Has item been paid for or not? Noting in Paypal.

It's the only item I have sold but worth a bit of money.

MuttsNutts Wed 28-Oct-15 16:29:27

Is it not showing as a pending balance in Paypal?

If you are a new seller this from their website will apply:

To keep your money safer, we're placing your payments from sales on eBay to one side, in your pending balance. This is commonplace for new or inexperienced sellers, but can also affect experienced sellers.

We’ve been dealing with online payments for years and we’ve realised that it helps to prevents losses, by keeping your money secure. It also makes buyers feel safer and more likely to return and purchase again.

Typically, you’ll have access to these pending payments after:

3 calendar days of the estimated delivery date, if you mark the item as sent in your eBay account and provide delivery tracking information, or
7 calendar days of the estimated delivery date, if you mark the item as sent in your eBay account but don’t provide delivery tracking information, or
21 calendar days, if you don’t mark the item as sent in your eBay account and don't provide delivery tracking information
You’re incoming payments will usually become instantly available to you once:

90 days have passed since your first successful sale on eBay, and
You’ve received £165 from sales on eBay, and
You’ve had 25 sales on eBay
If you use PayPal postage to send an item related to a pending payment, the cost of your postage label will be released when you print the label.

summerwinterton Wed 28-Oct-15 17:28:21

unless you put wrong email on the listing?

make sure you send fully tracked and insured, especially if it is valuable.

HackerFucker22 Wed 28-Oct-15 17:31:23

So I should send item? I am an inexperienced seller in that I don't sell much but I had no idea they set aside my monies... I don't fully get why?

summerwinterton Wed 28-Oct-15 17:33:18

no - you never send until they have paid.

When was it sold?

HackerFucker22 Wed 28-Oct-15 17:38:09

Sold on Sunday. Nothing pending in PayPal.

My 'selling' page says awaiting payment but what made me wonder is that it says the monies are received as opposed to not received? So the amount is green and not red. If that makes sense.

God this is why I don't use ebay often!!

summerwinterton Wed 28-Oct-15 17:38:56

ok - so file an unpaid case against the buyer as more than 48 hours have passed.

This isn't a collection item is it?

imsorryiasked Wed 28-Oct-15 18:40:19

The buyer can mark the item as paid, for example if you were accepting cash on collection rather than just PayPal.
Email the buyer and ask them how they paid as nothing received.

Tummyclutter Wed 28-Oct-15 18:59:27

I had this before. Took me ages to figure out why.

I listed item with my IPad app, which I had downloaded a few years ago and not used much, I normally just list without it. It had my old email address for PayPal, and exactly what you said was happening. Unfortunately though, the app wouldn't allow me to replace with new email.

I ended up cancelling the transaction, as every time I messaged the seller and tried to give them my current email for PayPal, it wouldn't send.
Couldn't be bothered to wait on the end of the phone to EBay to sort, so politely explained to buyer, and relisted.
Went for more In the end too.

summerwinterton Wed 28-Oct-15 19:02:43

you do need to get your fees back though so just relisting it won't get those back - and 10% on a pricy item won't be a small amount. So you either need to file an unpaid case or cancel the transaction.

HackerFucker22 Thu 29-Oct-15 11:51:57

I've filed an unpaid case but the buyer has contacted me to say its been paid.

I have the correct email address (have sold before but not for a while - haven't changed email addresses) and all my other ebay / paypal correspondence comes through to this address.

I have explained situation to buyer - who has been very arsey - and I've even sent a screen shot of both my paypal account and ebay account. Nothing from them in Paypal and Ebay account says waiting for payment for 1 item (this is the only item I've sold)

I have advised buyer I can cancel transaction - or they can? However it works.

summerwinterton Thu 29-Oct-15 12:17:24

ask her to log into paypal and copy and paste to you which email address the payment has been sent to

if it is wrong, and unclaimed, the buyer can cancel the payment there.

And you obviously haven't received the money otherwise you wouldn't have been able to open an unpaid case would you?

Once you close the unpaid case, 4 days after opening, the transaction is cancelled and you get your fees back. You don't need to do a separate cancellation on top of that.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: