Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Dodgy buyer - advice please!

(4 Posts)
DriverSurpriseMe Mon 19-Oct-15 18:56:12

I've been selling all sorts of things for months and it's all been fine, but last week I sold some boots and the buyer has been in touch to say the soles are covered in a glue type substance and I obviously knew this before posting them out hmm

She's sent a stream of mildly aggressive messages full of "???" and photos of the boots stuck together sole to sole saying they came out of the packaging like that (strange, since I did not package them up sole to sole). Now, as per eBay guidelines I have said I'll refund her if she returns them to me - and I need to refund both sets of postage, correct? - but she just responded with yet more photos and "these are unusable!" so I had to ask her again, are you happy to return them for a refund?

Now she's saying "I need to show them to my daughter and get back to you".

Now, my spidey senses are tingling because who would not accept a full refund in this situation? I just have this feeling she's going to pull a scam, so, wise people, can you advise? smile

19lottie82 Mon 19-Oct-15 19:41:54

she may be hoping for a partial refund, but you're not obliged to offer one. stick to your guns, be sickly polite and say either keep them, or return for a full refund.

you will be responsible for the return postage IF she opens a case, but as shes obviously a scammer, i cant see her wanting to bring her activities to ebays attention.

DriverSurpriseMe Mon 19-Oct-15 19:44:38

Thanks. I'm really pissed off. I scrubbed those soles clean before listing and they weren't sticky. She's sent photos saying "Look how shiny the soles are??? Is it glue???" and the photos that accompany the listing don't show shiny soles. Grrr.

Guess I'll have to wait and see what she says tomorrow.

19lottie82 Mon 19-Oct-15 20:36:53

I'm not surprised your pissed off. Sadly you do get the odd wannabe scam artist on eBay, but they are definitely in the minority. Again just stick to your guns, full refund or nothing! Let us know how you get on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now