Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

ebay paypal credit - am I being paranoid

(5 Posts)
moveon Sat 17-Oct-15 16:54:19

I bought 2 items from a seller, 1 arrived and the other didn't. I requested a refund and they said they refunded but not received anything.

They are asking me to confirm my paypal (I am assuming email address). Am I being over cautious not to share my email/paypal address?

AgentProvocateur Sat 17-Oct-15 17:10:50

Yes. They need your PayPal address to refund. Genuine question - what do you think will happen if you give someone your email address?

moveon Sat 17-Oct-15 17:16:41

Thanks, I thought I was being paranoid.
Seeing that they would have seen the payment going on from my account I assumed they would just reverse it, it would appear that it's not that straightforward for them.

19lottie82 Sat 17-Oct-15 21:34:18

They don't need your PayPal address to refund. There will be a record of it against the transaction in their account and against the eBay record. They can use either of these to refund, so you don't need to re enter the email address as such......

BUT they can't conduct any kind of scam by getting you to confirm it.

All seems a bit unnecessary, but nothing to worry about.

19lottie82 Sat 17-Oct-15 21:43:47

PS If it's regarding an item that hasn't arrived, I'd assume they were asking you to confirm the address linked to the PayPal payment? Not the email address.... I always do This if a buyer claims an item hasn't arrived, just to make sure they didn't move house and forget to change the default address linked to their PP or similar

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: