This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

What are the dangers re sellers with low feedback?

(3 Posts)
rollonthesummer Mon 07-Sep-15 15:54:47

I have seen a phone I'd like on Ebay for sale from a seller who has 100% feedback but only a rating of 23. Only been a member since June 2015 and all the feedback left is as a buyer rather than a seller.

If I bid and win, might there be an issue? I've only ever bough 'expensive' things from sellers with loads of feedback before. Could I get stung? Could they take my money and not send the phone/send a broken one? How much protection would Ebay/Paypal give me?

19lottie82 Mon 07-Sep-15 16:15:25

I wouldn't worry. The seller has 100% feedback. PayPal will cover you in the event of any scamming attempts. And TBH most "scams" are aimed at sellers, not buyers.

yeOldeTrout Mon 07-Sep-15 16:15:38

Tonnes of protection for buyers, you might need to ask questions to thru the procedure to get money back but it's pretty straight forward, as long as you open a case within a reasonable time frame (up to 6 months now!).

Quite risky for sellers, though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now