Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Buyer returning item

(10 Posts)
Itsallaboutme3 Wed 12-Aug-15 21:41:10

I sold a dress 3 weeks ago. Sent the following day to a uk address. Buyer has sent a message today to request a return because it has a mark on. I honestly did not see any mark on it. I said fine return for a refund, the total cost was £14. The seller then said she lives in Hungry and she had the item forwarded to her so if she returns she wants refund plus £11 for return postage from Hungry. I am not prepared to do this as i do not post overseas and did not post this to Hungry.

I have accepted the returns request on ebay but what happens if buyer does not return. I think buyer is trying for refund and to keep item.

Thanks

YeOldeTrout Wed 12-Aug-15 21:45:10

Where did you post it to?

Itsallaboutme3 Wed 12-Aug-15 21:49:50

I sent the item to an address in Hertfordshire which was their address on ebay

bugslife Wed 12-Aug-15 21:50:02

She must get it posted back from a Uk address as Ebay recommend tracked returns. The fact somebody posted it to her is not your issue. If she doesn't. Ebay will see no tracked return, no refund.

Trying it on, I think.

bugslife Wed 12-Aug-15 21:50:48

Plus, return postage is never refunded, just the item cost and postage.

Itsallaboutme3 Wed 12-Aug-15 21:56:49

Thank you - she is now getting nasty with her messages. I think she was trying it on. I don't think she will return but wants a refund and to keep item

YeOldeTrout Wed 12-Aug-15 21:59:41

Seller is responsible for cost of return postage if the item is part of a not-as-described case (rule changes last yr or so).

Rest of what bugslife said is probably best way to play it.

bugslife Wed 12-Aug-15 22:51:56

Is that right trout ? When did that come into play? I returned an item a few months ago as it was supposed to be new but was so well worn the seams were coming apart. The seller wasn't happy and didn't engage and Ebay refunded the item and the original postage only.

mindyourown15 Wed 12-Aug-15 23:16:59

tell her to open a case - I am pretty sure you won't need to pay return postage from outside the uk.

YeOldeTrout Thu 13-Aug-15 08:11:06

no won't pay return postage outside the UK, that part is true, only within UK.

If she opens a case it's a strike against OP but given she probably can't manage tracked returns from within the UK... I'm not sure what happens next! It's only one strike per case and permanent once they open a case so nothing to be lost by playing (a bit) hardball on this.

Honestly don't remember now when things changed, Bugslife, maybe about a yr ago?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now