Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

'watchers' on Ebay

(7 Posts)
GourmetGold Sun 09-Aug-15 13:56:14

Hi, I've contacted an Ebay seller to see if they would consider changing their 'bidding' item to 'buy it now'.....I really would love to buy the item today and go and pick it up today (pick up only & it's near me) grin

Sadly, though understandably, they want to wait and see if they get some good bids. They said they've got quite a few people watching (no bids yet)...but, there are no watchers showing on the advert!

Might they have watchers that I can't see from their ad? Usually an ad says '3 people watching' etc, but it's showing nothing.

Oh well, they don't want to do 'buy it now' anyhow sad will have to be patient.

GourmetGold Sun 09-Aug-15 14:06:45

Now I've just seen the same item on Gumtree, it costs much more than the minimum price that the Ebay bid starts at, is a much longer drive, but I'm actually considering just going for that! I'm sooo impulsive! blush

SpendSpendSpend Tue 11-Aug-15 15:27:06

Some items show how many people are watching and some dont.

I dont know why it only does it on some listings

GourmetGold Tue 11-Aug-15 20:44:16

Thanks for you reply, it's really weird the way they don't show! I was patient and won item smile

ozymandiusking Tue 11-Aug-15 20:47:57

When you list on ebay, the seller can choose whether or not to allow the number of watchers to be seen.

Itsallaboutme3 Wed 12-Aug-15 21:44:40

I can never see how many buyers are watching an item i always thought it was private

ReginaBlitz Thu 13-Aug-15 01:38:56

It only shows watchers on buy it now listings not bidding items

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now