Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

My item has not arrived ?

(14 Posts)
ItsJustPaint Fri 07-Aug-15 12:21:11

Dh bought a piece of sports equipment off ebay a couple of weeks ago. The seller stated 'other courier' and estimated delivery of 6 August when he paid for it.

We went away for a few days unexpectedly and came back expecting a note through the the door from a courier or the thing in the drive. Neither.

Dh messaged the seller and he said tracking shows it was left in a secure place on the 30th July ( we were home ) apparently it was Hermes although we've not been given the code and the address was correct.

The neighbours don't have it and I've looked are pub the garden bins etc and asked 3 out of 4 neighbours It was quite a bit of money. If they have proof of delivery (or left in a secure place ) is that sufficient for them to win a case ?

Any suggestions gratefully accepted

Tryharder Fri 07-Aug-15 12:31:50

Can you not find out the name of your local Hermes courier and ask?

butterflygirl15 Fri 07-Aug-15 13:14:42

if the seller has online proof of delivery then you won't win a case. I would contact Hermes yourself - you have the tracking number I take it?

ItsJustPaint Fri 07-Aug-15 13:26:47

No I don't have the tracking number.
The seller told me.
Really ? I won't get my money back or the item ? That's rubbish !

How do I find out my local couriers contact details ?

chemenger Fri 07-Aug-15 13:34:49

How does Hermes stay in business? They literally never deliver anything to my address (and I do mean literally) I have lost track of the refunds I have had to pursue because they don't deliver. They always claim to have got signatures and to have successfully delivered and it is always a barefaced lie. I have never even had a card through the door. They will only deal with whoever sent the parcel in my experience. Now I always check what courier is being used, if it's Hermes I get them to deliver to work, which even they can find.

ItsJustPaint Fri 07-Aug-15 13:38:26

The official Hermes sites suggests a card should have been posted thro the door too. But there isn't.

I suppose I can go to my local shop to ask how to get in contact with the driver.

And I suppose ask the seller for the tracking code to see for myself.

Pants...

ItsJustPaint Fri 07-Aug-15 13:43:20

Chem, have your deliveries been via ebay ? Did your buyers open a case ? In just debating whether to open an ebay or Paypal case.

TeamBacon Fri 07-Aug-15 13:57:35

Argh, this has made me nervous. Just used Hermes for a relatively high value thing on eBay.. hope they don't do the same thing!

Seller should send you the tracking number if you ask.

butterflygirl15 Fri 07-Aug-15 14:11:09

erm - I think your seller is lying. Open the case now, ask him for the tracking number too. Neg if he starts being obstructive. He could be claiming it arrived just to put you off - it has worked. He has the contract with Hermes, not you, so should pursue it with them tbh

westcountrywoman Fri 07-Aug-15 14:17:11

Of course you could win a case. There is no 'proof of delivery'. Supposedly leaving it in a safe place does not prove it's been delivered. Get onto eBay.

butterflygirl15 Fri 07-Aug-15 14:19:51

well if they have tracking showing that it was left in a safe place then that is actually proof of delivery so you would not win a case. But I still think the seller doesn't have tracking at all, well I hope they don't.

nauticant Fri 07-Aug-15 15:52:20

Open a case OP. If the seller can provide online tracking showing that the item was delivered (even if not handed over to a householder or to a neighbour) you are likely to lose the case. However, there's no harm in trying, especially if the seller is trying to pull a fast one.

LittleEgret Fri 07-Aug-15 15:59:03

I had a pair of shoes not turn up from ebay a few weeks ago. Seller had tracking, and said the item had been left in the porch. Well, I never got it. Case was decided against me by ebay sad

chemenger Fri 07-Aug-15 16:38:24

We have a new Hermes delivery person! Two parcels delivered for dd and she, I take it all back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now