Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Anyone able to help a clueless first time eBay er?

(3 Posts)
ssss123 Tue 04-Aug-15 06:25:22

Hi

I recently joined eBay and sold an expensive piece of baby equipment (breast pump). The pump can be either battery or mains operated. I only ever used it as mains operated and it worked fine. The buyer is saying the pump does not work through the battery. The manufacturer recommends charging for 24 hours and I have told the buyer to do this. What happens if this does not fix the issue? I am happy to refund the money paid if the issue is still unresolved (even though I said no returns). Who pays postage in this instance? The buyer is now abroad although was in the UK when I posted the item.

Thanks in advance.

pandypoos Tue 04-Aug-15 07:05:40

I'd the item is faulty I would expect the seller to pay the postage, however you did say no returns so I would maybe email eBay and ask their advice, tell them it was working when you sent it and you stated no returns on the listing

ssss123 Tue 04-Aug-15 07:12:30

Thanks. Will contact ebay. Have no issues with paying postage to cover the cost of returning it within the UK but it would be frustrating to have to pay international postage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now