Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Buyer declined cancellation request...

(4 Posts)
WantaHouseintheWoods Sun 02-Aug-15 18:30:00

I'm trying to sell an item of furniture.

I listed it as an auction a few months back and sold it for the princely sum of £36. The girl who bought it messed me about ridiculously and, after several weeks, I ended up cancelling it.

Fast forward to now. I listed it again as a buy it now and sold it within a few days for £80. The buyer paid with paypal. Two days later and no communication so I refunded the paypal payment and messaged to ask for cash on collection and when were they coming. She lives about 60 miles away. Nothing... so I cancelled the transaction under the reason of unresponsive buyer. The buyer has just declined the cancellation request.

Have now just looked into this and it looks like I am going to lose my final value fees so feeling very annoyed. Is that it? Can I do anything about it or is the buyer in the right AS USUAL?

ScrambledEggAndToast Sun 02-Aug-15 18:35:54

You should never let someone pay by PayPal if they are collecting anyway. Cash on collection was always my understanding.

WantaHouseintheWoods Sun 02-Aug-15 18:44:21

I asked for cash on collection in the description. I refunded the paypal payment as I know you should never use that for collection items and I said that in the message when I refunded.

I then didn't hear anything... and now she has declined my cancellation request with no reason.

Why do people buy stuff then not say anything. Wish now that I had kept the money and let her chase me!

larkspurr Tue 04-Aug-15 19:36:56

If you listed for collection in person and she won't arrange collection, you'll get your fees back. This has happened to me before. Just ring ebay customer services.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now