Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Am I being to request a return?

(10 Posts)
40thisisit Fri 17-Jul-15 15:44:03

I won the auction for a dress from monsoon described as ' Lovely Monsoon Maxi fully lined very light weight for warm sunny days/evenings
100 % Silk'.
The dress arrived and firstly the straps had been shortened by sewing them up (badly) and also the dress had obviously been stored in the sun as there were discolouration marks where the sequins had been resting on the fabric.
I sent the seller a polite message asking for a refund explaining the above. She replied saying she'd give me half a refund as the straps had been shortened in the photo, there was no way you could tell this. She didn't mention the discolouration. I replied saying I still wasn't happy with this and asked her about the marks. She then got quite nasty and said what else did I expect from buying something from ebay. Would you hand this over to ebay to solve?

40thisisit Fri 17-Jul-15 15:45:12

whoops title should include the word unreasonableshock shock

DancingLadyEmoji Fri 17-Jul-15 15:48:15

Wow, she's a bit rude... If the description didn't make it clear there are defects / alterations then I think you're entitled to a refund.

DancingLadyEmoji Fri 17-Jul-15 15:48:40

Yes, sorry - hand over to eBay x

lynniep Fri 17-Jul-15 15:55:32

open a case.

40thisisit Fri 17-Jul-15 16:14:10

Thanks I will open a case!

40thisisit Fri 17-Jul-15 19:45:37

Sorry, one final question, I can't open a case with ebay until Monday (3 business days after requesting the return).
Should I tell the seller I am opening a case with ebay or just do it?
TIA

butterflygirl15 Fri 17-Jul-15 21:38:02

no just do it. Seller cannot refuse a return. I hope you do neg and leave low stars.

nauticant Fri 17-Jul-15 21:55:35

Here's my approach:
1) tell the seller there's a problem and ask whether they'll help resolve it;
2) if they're not helpful, express disappointment that they're unwilling to help and make a vague comment about seeking to resolve the matter in other ways; and
3) open a case without warning the seller.

My preference is not to send any message that can be spun into a "threat".

glammanana Sun 19-Jul-15 13:19:45

Sweetie just open a case without warning when you can,how naughty of the seller to behave like this it gives us good sellers a bad reputation,don't answer any of her messages once you have opened the case just be factful with your discription to ebay about the problem and wait for them to sort it out for you,I hope you find another dress in 100% condition.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now