This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Think buyer is deluded but still a bit worried

(6 Posts)
Blueandwhitelover Thu 02-Jul-15 18:10:52

Sold a skirt, photo was clear picture of skirt. Buyer now says it has belt loops and wants money back as it doesn't have a belt. I didn't buy it with a belt, photograph it with a belt or describe it as having a belt. I offered her a refund of buying price as a gesture but not refund of postage. She has now opened up a dispute. I also don't remember the skirt as having belt loops and on my pic enlarged can't see any. She has sent me pictures of what look like her holding the hanger loops over the waistband of the skirt. As it wasn't advertised as having a belt or photographed with one, do you think ebay will side with me or her?

TinyManticore Thu 02-Jul-15 18:21:46

Tell her to return it for a refund. Then sell it to someone more sane.

Blueandwhitelover Thu 02-Jul-15 18:54:05

I have previously offered a refund but not of the postage and said that the skirt must be sent back on signed for delivery as it was sent to her otherwise I'm out of pocket. I think she thinks ebay will refund her and allow her to keep the skirt, I don't understand how she thinks it is not as described!

60feel16again Thu 02-Jul-15 19:14:38

"not as described" means that you will have to pay her return postage. This is a ruse people often use when they change their mind and don't want to pay the return postage. I have found it best to get in first and go on the chat line to eBay customer service and explain. Sometimes they will refund such a buyer and not charge you. I don't understand why, but they do. Mind you we pay them several hundred pounds per month so maybe they want to keep us sweet!

butterflygirl15 Thu 02-Jul-15 22:26:56

yup you will prob need to pay postage both ways. Just agree to her returning it and block her from bidding again. And if it had belt loops maybe you should mention them when you relist. eBay may give a no fault refund but it isn't that common an occurrence.

SycamoreMum Thu 02-Jul-15 22:36:55

Oh there's always someone having a go on eBay. Hopefully they side with you.

A lady opened a dispute on a Diesel bag she purchased from me. She says she didn't know it was so small even though I had put dimensions and there was a picture with my hand in the photo giving a good indication of the size (unless she really thought my hand was massive...?) eBay refunded her and didn't charge me citing a communication error or something like that. No, the silly woman was playing a game!! ��

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now