Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

So fucking annoyed!!

(9 Posts)
MonkeyOnTheCar Wed 01-Jul-15 15:21:11

Someone won a lamp from me, for £60 and only after they paid did I see they were overseas and using the ebay system they would take care of the postage. I had a bad feeling!

Anyways just gone on my email and this woman is claiming the base is broke and wires are sticking out of the electrical cord and that I must have done this before hand!!

I have 100% postive feedback going back 10 years!

They've frozen my accound. I cant afford to refund her, its 1st of the months and I am literally £12 overdrawn!

I think she probably has the same lamp and is going to send pics of her broken one to ebay in order to keep my new one.

I'm absolutly livid, I'm not selling a thing on ebay ever again!

Petallic Wed 01-Jul-15 15:29:11

Has she opened a case or just sent you an email? do you think she is angling for a discount or a full refund - has she hinted at either? I would send a polite email saying the item was sent out fully working as per the eBay listing and photographs and if she is unhappy to open a case with eBay. Hopefully she is just a chancer and you will hear no more. If she is gunning for a refund it's going to be escalated to eBay anyway. Hopefully if she is abroad that lessens the likelihood she has an identical broken one she wants to swap for.

If there's any way the damage could have happened in shipping? If so, you should be covered through the eBay global shipping programme - but I know sellers have had mixed results with it.

MonkeyOnTheCar Wed 01-Jul-15 15:32:55

Thats hopeful about the global shipping thing, yes she has esculated it to a claim thingy on paypal. I swear it was in perfect condition and I used 2 rolls of bubble wrap and cardboard!

Petallic Wed 01-Jul-15 18:54:22

Surely if she had photos she would have uploaded them as part of her claim. Hopefully she's just trying it on. When you respond in the eBay system make sure you upload as many photos of the item you have showing it was in Undamaged condition and fingers crossed eBay will find in your favour.

millymae Wed 01-Jul-15 19:25:56

I am one of those who has had ebay find in my favour with a case like this. I was enraged when some one claimed that I had sent something damaged when I knew absolutely that I had not. My feedback, like yours was 100% perfect over many years (thankfully with many references to my packaging and item descriptions) and the photographs I put up of the item showed absolutely clearly that it was undamaged.

When I contacted live chat I managed to keep my anger under control but I left the advisor in no doubt that if there was any damage it was nothing to do with me. I mentioned that I do occasionally list items that are less than perfect but I always make this clear in my listings and state that I am starting the bidding low to reflect this and that buyers should not bid if they are expecting to receive a perfect item. I also referred them to my feedback and said that I felt it unfair that I was being blamed for something I had no control over.

When the 'conversation' ended I was unsure what was going to happen, but the outcome was that the case was closed and I wasn't penalised in any way. If you haven't already OP I'd contact them and see how you get on.

butterflygirl15 Wed 01-Jul-15 20:45:43

you can claim for the loss with the carrier can you? You will have to refund her - eBay don't find in the favour of the seller often. Unless they give her a no fault refund.

SistersofPercy Thu 02-Jul-15 12:50:14

I think she probably has the same lamp and is going to send pics of her broken one to ebay in order to keep my new one.

Or more likely it broke in transit. Have you ever seen how parcels are handled? Something like a lamp, no matter how well packed would be an easy target. Parcels are kicked, thrown and can be at the bottom of huge piles. Not every buyer is out to get you.

As butterfly says you now need to refund her and claim from the carrier, you then need to remove yourself from the global shipping program if you aren't happy posting overseas.

bostonbaby Thu 02-Jul-15 13:54:25

Who did you send it to gsp with? And using what service?
It's fairly easy to claim through royal mail if you were adequately insured. They will want the proof of postage and proof of refund and a former filling in and pictures. I'd imagine the same if it's a courier. I'd hey those wheels in motion whilst you're waiting for them to return it.

butterflygirl15 Thu 02-Jul-15 14:18:14

it may not be insured if made of china, unless courier maybe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now