Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

advice please WWYD

(10 Posts)
robin64 Mon 29-Jun-15 12:24:45

Quick bit of advice needed. I have some shoes listed as a BIN no best offer. Buyer messages to ask if I will sell for £15 less so as only just listed I said no politely and explained I would see if they sold. Buyer later messages again to see if I will sell for £10 less so I look at their fb - they are all pos but comments left for others are all picky and bit weird - you know ..saying things are nice but too big too small different colour etc no negs though (however can't tell what stars they left) Feeling a bit peeved with them asking more than once about selling cheaper I blocked the buyer. A couple of days have passed but now I have message saying they have tried to buy but can't. Should I let them buy or would you just ignore and leave block in place? Obviously I would like to sell shoes for the asking price so am I being a bit too paranoid about this buyer? They don't have any fb as a seller are on 22 fb received but have left 59 fb.
words of advice anyone on what to do thanks

bostonbaby Mon 29-Jun-15 12:27:15

Let them buy them
Make sure they are as described and send tracked

gamerchick Mon 29-Jun-15 12:30:55

I wouldn't. They sound whingy.

TinyManticore Mon 29-Jun-15 12:32:14

I'd ignore messages and leave them as blocked. Pushy and rude to keep bothering you after you said no to reducing the price.

Muchtoomuchtodo Mon 29-Jun-15 12:34:31

I'd keep things as they are.

You've not got a good feeling about this buyer. Save yourself the potential hassle and relist if necessary.

PresidentTwonk Mon 29-Jun-15 12:37:07

I wouldn't, they'll think up some problem to get a partial refund, I bet that's their game!

nauticant Mon 29-Jun-15 12:39:45

Keep the block in place. If a potential buyer flags to me that they're likely to be a pain in the arse I always block.

moab Mon 29-Jun-15 12:39:56

I'd keep blocked. You know something won't be right if she wins them

Snowflakepie Mon 29-Jun-15 12:45:25

I would block. Someone else will buy the shoes. If there's any hint of whinging or I just have a bad feeling about a buyer from questions etc, I block them. It's just not worth the headache.

robin64 Mon 29-Jun-15 14:13:16

Brilliant, thanks all. Think I will just leave block in place. I have a few watchers on the shoes and they are a fairly popular make. I get very cautious when people have left weird whingey fb for other people and the fact I have said no twice to their lower offers makes me think they will be a hassle. I am always very polite but you just can't be sure with some people.

However just as an aside I had another buyer this week who messaged about a different item saying they couldn't buy because they were blocked due to them having 2 unpaid strikes - they then just set up a brand new account and bought the item anyway! so much for setting buyer requirements! I thought there was a zero fb option on requirements or am I mistaken about that? maybe I haven't got that on my account.

Thanks again for the advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now