Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

New seller, buyer wants refund

(10 Posts)
curlyclaz13 Fri 19-Jun-15 14:22:53

Sold babygrows very cheap, stated used and I am sure there were no stains when I posted them. Buyer has messaged saying they are disgusting, have pet hair on (possible as I have pets, but did not state pet free home) and fit for the bin. They want a refund. What happens now?

MrsNextDoor Fri 19-Jun-15 16:19:15

I think you give them a refund.

monal Fri 19-Jun-15 16:24:20

You ask them to return them, tracked, for a refund.

CactusAnnie Fri 19-Jun-15 16:28:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

twistletonsmythe Fri 19-Jun-15 17:02:48

don't refund until they have returned them though.

CaptainAnkles Fri 19-Jun-15 17:04:32

Send a message saying you're sorry that they aren't happy and that you'll be pleased to refund them as soon as they have been returned to you.

QforCucumber Fri 19-Jun-15 17:13:53

Don't just do a refund though - paypal fees apply then, you have to raise a claim through eBay - that way no paypal fees are applicable, also advise you do not want to refund until you receive the product back (if you are asking for it back)

TwoAndTwoEqualsChaos Fri 19-Jun-15 17:19:59

Who doesn't wash stuff from eBay before they use it, though? Pet hair matters to me, so I check the listing but I think they are being picky. Return (at their own expense if the description was accurate) and refund on the return of the clothing in the original condition,

twistletonsmythe Fri 19-Jun-15 17:35:14

you need to raise a cancellation request to get eBay fees back - not paypal. But buyer needs to accept that and you refund first.

curlyclaz13 Fri 19-Jun-15 20:07:31

I have cancelled the order and refunded, no point in then returning it for 0.99 p. Lesson learnt. Thanks for replies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now