Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Winning bidder wants to pay next week?

(11 Posts)
modestyb Tue 09-Jun-15 18:55:05

I sold some items at the weekend. The winning bidder of one has sent me a message asking if they can pay next week. It's about £15 including postage. They have low feedback and it's a quite recently opened account, so I'm slightly suspicious (perhaps unnecessarily...)

I don't really want to give them 10 days to pay. But if I say no, will I have to wait 10 days anyway before relisting, and open a case against them not paying?

What would you do?

twistletonsmythe Tue 09-Jun-15 20:55:49

no you don't need to wait 10 days to relist - you can open an unpaid case after 48 hours and close 4 days later, so only 6 to relist or do a second chance offer. I wouldn't wait 10 days. I would block them too.

modestyb Tue 09-Jun-15 21:17:04

OK that's great, thanks.

Do you know if I should one an unpaid case, or just cancel the transition? Ebay gives me both options.

twistletonsmythe Tue 09-Jun-15 21:18:37

do the unpaid case - guaranteed to get your fees back then, plus the buyer can't neg.

Starlightbright1 Tue 09-Jun-15 21:18:49

I think you can cancel sale if you both agree.. will give you a second chance offer quicker if you have one

twistletonsmythe Tue 09-Jun-15 21:36:33

and if the buyer refuses to cancel the sale you don't get your fees back and they can neg you.

ragged Tue 09-Jun-15 22:15:26

The only reason I would consider 'waiting' is if they were difficult items to sell and I didn't think another buyer was interested. Then I might consider waiting until a day after they said they'd pay ... and then file Unpaid Item after all.

Cheeky cheeky buyer.

millymae Tue 09-Jun-15 22:48:13

I must be a soft touch as whenever I've been asked if I will wait for payment I have always said yes, making clear that if they don't pay as promised I will report as a non payer.

My experience has been that those that ask, pay up. It's the ones that you don't hear anything from that cause the most inconvenience.

ragged Wed 10-Jun-15 08:18:13

Glad it's worked for you, Milly.
I tried waiting a few times & they never got back to me.
I reckon if they don't have < £15 today they won't have it in 10 days time (or whatever they ask for). On too tight a budget.

springalong Wed 10-Jun-15 08:50:31

I had this recently. I quickly checked with the next bidder that they would take up 2nd chance if offered. Then I Live chatted with ebay about options to avoid a NPB. My buyer was green with very few feedbacks. I emailed them and said I couldn't wait - if they paid immediately it was theirs, o/w I would need to cancel the transaction. It all worked out but was a faff.

twistletonsmythe Wed 10-Jun-15 09:04:14

buyers can't have neg feedback so that doesn't really mean owt tbh.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: