Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Anyone had 'silent buyers' who just don't communicate?

(11 Posts)
sayerville Mon 08-Jun-15 16:24:53

This has happened on 3 occasions recently. Buyer bids but then nothing....I have sent them 3 messages, asking if you don;t want the item just let me know then I can cancel the transaction then....nothing, why do they do this, it's so annoying and rude. I end up cancelling the sale to get a refund on Final value fees.

EldonAve Mon 08-Jun-15 16:33:08

are you reporting them as non payers?

twistletonsmythe Mon 08-Jun-15 16:37:59

just file unpaid cases after 48 hours - otherwise they won't get a strike and can still neg.

sayerville Mon 08-Jun-15 16:50:20

I can file this unpaid later, thing is it is cash on collection, so not striclty true....

sayerville Mon 08-Jun-15 16:50:49

Oh and i have also reported buyer as not communicating

twistletonsmythe Mon 08-Jun-15 17:38:32

makes no odds - file the unpaid case. You want your fees back?

19lottie82 Wed 10-Jun-15 14:23:54

yes, just open an non payment case.

in regards to the original OP, some people just don't like any form of confrontation I suppose, no matter how minor. Online or IRL. They'd rather hide away and pretend it's not happening.

ragged Sat 13-Jun-15 18:59:25

File the unpaid case once you're 2-4 days post sale. They get plenty of reminders from Ebay, too. don't let ppl mess you about.

mirandabee Fri 24-Jul-15 19:00:33

I think I have a non paying bidder too. Can you relist once you have filed an unpaid case, or do you have to wait for a response?

butterflygirl15 Fri 24-Jul-15 20:32:38

wait 4 days and close it and only then relist or you risk 2 buyers one item.

MrsJuice Sun 26-Jul-15 11:03:58

If you have the peculiar coincidence of refusing a request for a BIN, followed by a bidding war won by a silent buyer with minimal/rubbish FB - it's a quite popular game. Especially for domestic appliances and other items that can be refurbished for profit.
They assume that you'll be pissed off, relist, and accept their renewed offer to BIN on another account. They usually ask why you resisted it, and express concern about you being messed around!
Ebay are wise to this, and if reported you will see all of the accounts disappear. gringrin
Make sure you have settings that don't allow bidders with hardly any, or crap FB. Immediately block anyone who requests a BIN as well, if your listing specifies that you don't want such requests.
I learned the hard way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now