Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

How and when do you action an agreed refund? Never done it before

(6 Posts)
Finbar Sun 07-Jun-15 14:56:26

I advertised a dress at the wrong size in the title ( though the right size was given twice in the text)

Anyway, I have agreed a full refund as it was my error.

Do I get her to send it back first , check it's still in the condition I sent it in, and then pay a refund? Or do must eBayers want the money back before they return?

Is a cheque ok do you think or is there a better eBay way to do it?

Thanks for any advice

Leviticus Sun 07-Jun-15 15:01:50

You receive it back first, as would a shop. Did they pay via PayPal? Log into PayPal and look for the transaction and issue a refund that way. Bear in mind that you should really refund the postage both ways if it was your error.

twistletonsmythe Sun 07-Jun-15 15:19:43

yep buyer sends it back and then click on the payment in paypal, scroll down and click on refund. Do not refund by cheque when someone has paid by paypal - or they can file a claim with eBay and get a paypal refund too.

Do not ever refund until it has been sent back.

Finbar Sun 07-Jun-15 15:23:45

Thank you - I had agreed to refund the two way postage too

And I will do it via PAypal

Much appreciated!

Rivercam Sun 07-Jun-15 15:26:23

Something I sent recently got damaged in the post. I asked the buyer to send photos as proof and then refunded the amount. I didn't ask them to send it back, because then I would have to pay for two lots of postage.( that reminds me, must claim it back of post office)

twistletonsmythe Sun 07-Jun-15 15:27:42

the return postage costs will have to be a paypal payment to her. You can only refund the amount she paid, no more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now