Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Probable fraudulent buyer.

(11 Posts)
Ffeyone Sat 06-Jun-15 15:48:21

I very occasionally sell on eBay, used to sell loads but it's become an unfair place for sellers so very sparse now. I sold a cheap item on Thursday, £8 with free postage. Buyer claims not received, I said I posted Thursday so they would not receive until today or Monday anyway. They have other feedback this week saying 'sorry your item didn't arrive' I'm sure they are scamming. I have proof of postage but didn't sent tracked. So far I responded saying, ...........I'm sorry not arrived, are you happy to wait until Monday, if it's not arrived I can refund and claim money back and will forward their details to RM who will monitor address to check their post isn't being intercepted especially as two parcels have gone missing. '. I'm not sure if they do this for every lost item but I know they do monitor address with multiple claims to prevent fraud.

Does this sound like an ok response.
I didn't suggest I thought they were scammers in anyway and was helpful and sympathetic.

Annoying but I can claim back my money and won't bother selling again!

twistletonsmythe Sat 06-Jun-15 16:22:48

I think you should send everything tracked - try Hermes or Collect +.

mmmminx Sat 06-Jun-15 17:50:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ffeyone Sat 06-Jun-15 18:04:17

I agree twistle, it's only worth sending tracked. Mmmminx , i could ask them to open item not received case. If they don't, I'll just message eBay and ask them to look at their feedback pattern of items not received. This never happened years ago when I used eBay regularly, people appear to be using eBay to steal more than before?!

twistletonsmythe Sat 06-Jun-15 18:07:00

no it has always gone on - which is why I send everything with proof of delivery. It's the only way.

ragged Sat 06-Jun-15 18:47:34

it's not hard to claim off of Royal Mail and then RM also get a chance to identify the scammers. I only send tracked for things valued > £10 (not including postage). I've had a huge plummet in INR since I went with this policy.

Ffeyone Sat 06-Jun-15 20:56:43

That's true ragged, if both myself and other seller whose item went 'missing' claim within same week, then RM will have it logged. I send tracked over £10 and chance it for low value. As you say, Royal Mail will pay out with proof of postage.

Ffeyone Mon 08-Jun-15 09:51:28

Buyer emailed first thing this morning to say she still hadn't got parcel. I've refunded and will claim from RM. I did empty my PayPal account before I refunded so at least she won't get instant refund and will have to wait a week �� I inow she's scamming but no proof!

Hamsolo Mon 08-Jun-15 09:59:00

I don't think you can claim from RM for 21 days. I wouldn't count it as lost yet. What if it turns up tomorrow?!

twistletonsmythe Mon 08-Jun-15 10:33:08

you can only refund if your paypal has credit in the account can't you?

And without sending tracked you really have no proof whatsoever.

Ffeyone Mon 08-Jun-15 13:10:52

No you can refund anytime, it just takes 5-7 working days as they take it out of your bank account. It's 15 working days to claim but £8 is such a small amount I'm not worried. I normally sell stuff for £40 + and then I always track.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now