Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

I sent the goods by mistake. Now what?

(16 Posts)
ProcrastinatingPat Tue 02-Jun-15 21:44:25

I listed a large circular saw and the bid was won for £98. Plus £15 p&p

I did as always parcelled the item and reminded buyer to pay. However my husband posted it before they paid and now they have received it but still haven't paid.

I know I'm an wally. Is there anything I can do?

19lottie82 Tue 02-Jun-15 22:44:23

Is it through a courier? Can you get the parcel intercepted?

How long ago since the auction end? Chances are they will pay, but if not there's not much you can do I'm afraid!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you

19lottie82 Tue 02-Jun-15 22:46:51

Sorry I've just read that it's already been delivered. Eek. All you can do is rely on their good nature. You can contact ebay and ask for their phone number?

RedandYellow24 Tue 02-Jun-15 22:54:36

If a received a parcel super quick before I had paid I would pay them ASAP! Hopefully 99% of people would do the same. Give them a day or two then friendly email saying normal you wait till payments received but was mix up you look forward to receiving payment.
Hopefully threat of bad feedback and common dencsy will praveil.

twistletonsmythe Wed 03-Jun-15 07:34:40

open an unpaid case.

And if they don't pay write giving them 14 days and if they don't pay small claims court.

19lottie82 Wed 03-Jun-15 08:54:02

twistle - an unpaid item case won't really be of any use. the consequences of one are pretty non existent tbh......

but I agree that if no payment is received a letter before action is prob the best step.

twistletonsmythe Wed 03-Jun-15 09:02:19

well it may be all the reminder they need. And a strike is a strike and they do add up.

TheBakeryQueen Wed 03-Jun-15 09:24:52

Agree with Redabdyellow! Try the nice route first.

eyebags63 Wed 03-Jun-15 10:52:47

Well I would remind them to pay via unpaid case ASAP. If that doesn't work then open a small claims court case via money claim online.
Possibly even report it as theft to the police.

They cannot keep an item without paying for it as it is clearly a genuine mistake on the sellers side.

CamelliaA Wed 03-Jun-15 13:43:30

Ebay are now automatically delaying Paypal payments by 14 days unless the buyer opts for 'immediate payment',before completing their purchase.

twistletonsmythe Wed 03-Jun-15 13:53:20

Where does it say that Camellia?

You can disable pay after delivery if you are a buyer.

CamelliaA Wed 03-Jun-15 15:59:26

You can disable it,once you realise that it's become the default setting.

twistletonsmythe Wed 03-Jun-15 16:41:30

but paypal aren't normally holding onto funds for 14 days if you are a seller, unless you are new.

ProcrastinatingPat Wed 03-Jun-15 19:36:23

I have messaged and sent an unpaid item dispute. Not much else it seems can be done at this point

bostonbaby Thu 25-Jun-15 00:21:23

Did they pay up?

Lily1995 Sat 27-Jun-15 21:06:03

Did they pay in the end?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now