Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

stains!

(10 Posts)
robin64 Thu 28-May-15 14:25:12

The jacket that has just arrived (and took 10 days) has got stains ALL OVER it. No stains even mentioned in the listing. It is velvet/velour type fabric and says not to wash but could I try or will it be completely ruined? It has beading on the collar and metal buttons if that needs to be taken into account. Only paid £7 plus £3 P&P so not huge amount but just...bloody hell.

Can't be bothered to return - the seller was so slow and I have already tried a home dry clean sachet on it and got a few marks off with a cloth and bit of liquid so it is better than she sent it to me! However still got some stains on.

AArgh! I almost kill myself getting any item I sell ready and if it is stained any more than the tiniest faintest mark I don't sell or will always mention any tiny flaw.

Might just try a cold wash and see what happens unless anyone has any great tips for cleaning.

twistletonsmythe Thu 28-May-15 15:39:12

no don't wash it yet - message the seller and ask them how they wish to resolve.

robin64 Fri 29-May-15 15:07:42

I have washed on a cold silk wash and hung out to dry - seems to have worked ok but not dry yet so will see but a lot better I think.

Tryharder Fri 29-May-15 17:15:41

There are some godawful sellers on Ebay.

I sell on eBay (am a fantastic seller btw) but stopped buying as I was sick of receiving rags outrageously described as clothing in good condition.

Why would you bother selling stained stuff on eBay? Why?????

sayerville Fri 29-May-15 19:29:49

I would message and give them chance to offer you a refund, then if they don't open a dispute, you should be able to get a refund. Also you could leave a neg if it was that bad

BangaloreStories Fri 29-May-15 21:29:38

Use eBay Resolution not Paypal's, it's quicker.
You'll have to suffer the return postage costs.

Be consoled that by opening a dispute/leaving poor feedback/leaving low star ratings, the seller is going to be heavily penalised (unless they're a power seller) so your actions will have some effect.

glammanana Sat 30-May-15 19:05:37

I don't know what is wrong with some sellers,I wrap all my items in tissue and fold correctly according to the item,then slip tidily into a posting bag so my buyer receives a nice looking parcel,what did I get delivered last week !! a pair of jeggings with a really expensive price tag when first purchased (so you'd think the seller would go out of their way to present them nicely) but no just crumpled up inside a tatty bin bag with a brown label on,and then had the check to overcharge £2 on postage I just don't know what people are doing at the moment.

robin64 Mon 01-Jun-15 21:21:21

You are so right - and my DD bought from Beyond Retro an online vintage shop recently and I was amazed at how bad the items looked - very creased with no care and attention at all. Like you glamma I use nice tissue and pretty spotty mailing bags for all items even if they didn't go for that much. I obviously want people to buy from ebay as I sell quite a lot but I agree with tryharder I rarely buy myself - I really have had some tat sent before as in supposedly great condition. Come on sellers get a grip.

Update - the velvet jacket looks fine , much better so was worth washing.

wobblywindows Tue 09-Jun-15 07:10:56

what fabric content was the velvet please? thanks.

robin64 Tue 09-Jun-15 11:50:50

Hi the actual fabric details are 63% acetate 37% viscose 100% polyester lining plus metal buttons and gold sequins with embroidered beading on the collar. It looks like velvet/velour.

I have washed a Boden velvet coat in the past and it was fine (but it was not that new and I didn't have anything to lose if it went wrong!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now