Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

What do you make of this?

(7 Posts)
LotsaDots Wed 13-May-15 20:08:51

Hi, about 5 weeks ago I bid and paid for an eBay item, it hadn't arrived before we went on holiday but I got a message from the seller whilst I was away apologising as my item had been sent to wrong buyer and had I received other buyers parcel. I told the seller I was away and would email to let them know when I got home. in the mean time I had lots of emails asking whether we had come home yet, whether the parcel was at my address, if I'd sent it yet etc etc. which was quite annoying.

The other parcel was there when I returned so the seller forwarded the other buyers address and I posted it to the correct recipient. I was given the option to have a refund or have the other buyer post it to me. I chose to have my item sent to me.

since I posted the other buyers item to them I have heard nothing and haven't received my parcel. despite sending 2 emails asking whether the lady had received her parcel and when would mine be on its way.

I just think it's the weirdest ebay experience and I've opened a resolution case for a refund but heard nothing at all. I don't want to leave neg feedback either as they might return the favour angry

Think I just wanted to tell someone about a very weird experience.

Cherryapple1 Wed 13-May-15 21:05:52

they can't neg you so you must neg them if you want to, and leave low stars if you want them to count. Sellers haven't been able to neg for years. Their other buyer hasn't sent the wrong item onto you then I guess. It does happen.

LotsaDots Wed 13-May-15 23:47:36

oh really I didn't know that. Thank you

LotsaDots Wed 13-May-15 23:48:44

will see how it pans out first

19lottie82 Thu 14-May-15 09:55:36

If you opened a case over 30 days after latest delivery estimate, ebay won't enforce a refund. You'll need to open a case through PayPal.

Stubbed Thu 14-May-15 10:03:02

Why are people do concerned about negative feedback? I never check it (certainly not for a buyer) and I don't get my people care.
I received neg once - buyer made it up - eBay wouldn't remove it but it never made any difference to my sales

LotsaDots Thu 14-May-15 19:43:24

I think it's about the injustice of it. you're right. if you really wanted something you would probably ignore 1 negative in amongst a lot of positive.

It's just so weird that I've had absolutely no communication after being very understanding and reasonable about the mistake.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now