Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Non-paying new buyer How soon can I relist?

(4 Posts)
lyraspace Wed 13-May-15 13:16:59

I'm about to open a case for non payment as it is over three days since auction close. Buyer appears to joined ebay just to bid on my item, which was expensive. I accepted a best offer from them and they haven't paid or responded to my message.
I'm now wondering just how long I have to wait to relist? The case remains open for approx 10 days (I think?) but it seems unfair I have to wait so long for somebody who is so unlikely to pay.

Why do they do this! They tried to make a similar offer for one of my other items, but I declined this as they hadn't paid for the first.

nauticant Wed 13-May-15 14:42:14

I'd not relist until the case is closed. It sucks but there it is.

You should block that buyer.

lyraspace Wed 13-May-15 14:47:30

Oh I will block them to be sure!

Aargh, that seems so unfair I have to wait the whole 10 days, though, plus the time after the auction waiting for payment. They got a bargain too (still 100s). I feel most aggrieved about it, the number of problem buyers on ebay makes me very wary of using it at all lately.

Cherryapple1 Wed 13-May-15 15:03:43

no the case is open for 4 days only, not 10 - and never relist or do a second chance offer until it is closed or you risk 2 annoyed buyers and maybe 2 negs. Plus lots of fees.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: