We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Item refunded has now turned up.

(8 Posts)
WineIsTheAnswer Thu 07-May-15 12:59:56

I've been dealing with a very unpleasant seller. My item was lost in transit and so I opened a non delievery dispute and won (as the buyer). Seller during the dispute collected and resent using different tracking (but didnt tell me or ebay that until the dispute was closed) so asked me to refuse delivery when it arrived. No option to re-buy it which I would have preferred (as I actually wanted the item)

I planned to refuse but while out the courier left it on the step. So now I have the item, what do I do now?

1)I'm away next week so if the seller still wants the item returned I'm not here to wait for the courier. I can give her until tomorrow lunch time to collect it.

2)I could leave it in the place the courier did and tell the seller to get it collected (she's been very unpleasant and I've had enough) but it's at risk of being stolen and I probably have a duty of care to look after it.

3) Wait until after the holiday (which I can see the seller kicking off more about having to wait)

4) As the seller isn't nice I don't want to tell her the house is empty for a week, so to leave it until I get back to arrange and face the increased anger from her for going silent.

5) Offer to paypal her 75%. 25% as a partial refund to me due to the fact she has stated the courier has refunded her all transport costs that I had paid originally. So the 100% was for item plus post and now the posting was free. So 75% is for the item only.

6) something else.

Cherryapple1 Thu 07-May-15 14:44:32

just tell the seller to arrange collection within a week or whatever and if they don't charity shop the item I think.

Tryharder Thu 07-May-15 20:56:23

You should pay for the item if you have now received it. Otherwise send it back.

CountingThePennies Thu 07-May-15 20:58:39

Keep it and say nothing

CountingThePennies Thu 07-May-15 20:59:12

Keep it and say nothing

lighteningmcmama Fri 08-May-15 21:10:01

Contact her after you get back and arrange the return. I agree I wouldn't tell ppl my house is empty, so just wait till you get back then say you couldn't do anything as you were away

Imnotaslimjim Fri 08-May-15 21:15:03

If you really feel that you have to return it, I would wait until you were back to even tell them that its arrived. They won't know whether it turned up before or after you left. But personally I'd say nothing, if they hadn't been arsey I might think differently

SoonToBeSix Fri 08-May-15 21:15:03

Pay the original price as you want the item, why be petty just because seller was rude.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now