This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Arg post office won't let me send perfume to Czech Republic....

(9 Posts)
TheReluctantBride Sat 25-Apr-15 09:22:02

What should I do? Buyer paid Extra for the postage (completely my fault
Obv didn't read Royal Mail small print about perfume being "dangerous"). How does one go about
Using other services like Hermes? Sort I'm a complete novice at this sort of thing!

ragged Sat 25-Apr-15 09:29:59

are you sure?

Why is it dangerous?

SirChenjin Sat 25-Apr-15 09:36:23

Iirc you can post these items, but you have to declare them. Did the PO ask you what was in the package?

Thetruthshallmakeyefret Sat 25-Apr-15 09:39:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheReluctantBride Sun 26-Apr-15 16:37:50

The post office said it couldn't go on an aeroplane as it was "dangerous".... It's
Vintage perfume - could I say it's a bottle and box? Would that invalidate any insurance for me if it goes wrong?

Cherryapple1 Mon 27-Apr-15 09:00:59

yes it would. I would refund and send cancellation request. And tighten your settings for UK buyers only.

lostmymarblesbutfoundthewine Tue 28-Apr-15 19:43:50

Yes it is dangerous goods act as its flammable especially when in plane cargo. Other every day ones included are batteries and nail varnish. It's Royal mail protocol

SistersofPercy Wed 29-Apr-15 17:08:05

Just go to a different post office and tell them it's a children's toy or summat

Spectacularly bad advice.
If your parcel is XRayed chances are if it contains perfume and you have declared a 'children's toy or summat' it's going to be destroyed, and no, you won't get the insurance.

ImnotAlice Fri 08-May-15 18:24:21

You can send perfume inland, but not overseas with Royal Mail.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now