Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

buyer wants refund - 9 months later!!

(38 Posts)
BrendaBlackhead Mon 02-Feb-15 08:41:55

sold a piece of tech on ebay last May.

Last night buyer sends message to say the item has stopped working and can they have a refund.

Surely they're being unreasonable?! This item was working fine when it was sold and they were happy with it at the time.

Should I contact ebay? What do you tell the buyer? (Apart from f the f off...)

Redglitter Mon 02-Feb-15 08:56:15

Ebay won't be interested after all this time so don't worry about that. Personally I'd just ignore it or tell them you won't be refunding them. Chancers.

gamerchick Mon 02-Feb-15 08:59:04

Even shops that sell pre owned goods only give a month guarantee or if you're lucky 6.

They're trying it on you're not running a lease service.

BrendaBlackhead Mon 02-Feb-15 09:01:59

Thanks. I thought I was right. Guarantee, indeed!

Redglitter Mon 02-Feb-15 09:03:51

If you do decide to reply I'd just tell them you're not refunding and then ignore anything further from them

CaptainAnkles Mon 02-Feb-15 09:05:51

They're having a laugh aren't they? Why would you refund them when in the last nine months they could've dropped it on the floor, stood on it, poured a cup of tea on it... Why on earth would anyone think they could get their money back on a secondhand item after that long? Loons.

alabastergirl Mon 02-Feb-15 09:07:11

Unless you sold it with a guarantee you can ignore.

glammanana Mon 02-Feb-15 14:14:50

Wow !! 9 mths ? of course you will NOT,totally taking the mick I think,this is all to do with new policy's on returns via Pay-Pal so they are certainly trying it on,block them from contacting you after you have politely told them to get lost.

GlitzAndGigglesx Mon 02-Feb-15 14:16:34

9 days i'd understand but 9 months?!?!? Send them a grin with the F off message

BrendaBlackhead Tue 03-Feb-15 07:59:52

Help! Now buyer has sent message saying he has been robbed and is going to try to get a refund through Paypal and then through Small Claims Court...

Would he get anywhere?

Annietheacrobat Tue 03-Feb-15 08:03:13

No he won't . Say go ahead. Out of interest what is the item. Is it something indestructible that you would expect to last for years?

ShatnersBassoon Tue 03-Feb-15 08:03:14

No, he wouldn't have a leg to stand on. Ignore him.

What was the item, by the way? Was it very expensive? I'm just wondering why he's bothering.

DixieNormas Tue 03-Feb-15 08:03:39

What? Someone has stolen the stuff or hes accusing you of robbing him because its stopped working 9 months later?

Either way id be telling him to stop being so ridiculous

monkeyfacegrace Tue 03-Feb-15 08:04:09

No of course he won't grin

What a twat.

Honestly, laugh at his obvious lack of brain cells.

Longdistance Tue 03-Feb-15 08:06:42

Tell them to go ahead with small claims court. Idiot.

What item was it btw?

BrendaBlackhead Tue 03-Feb-15 08:09:47

It was some sort of iPod attachment that dh had. It was working perfectly when sold.

He was saying we robbed him confused

CleanLinesSharpEdges Tue 03-Feb-15 08:11:32

Just reply "thanks for your message, I'll await the papers from the small claims court". This is going nowhere, don't worry about it.

BrendaBlackhead Tue 03-Feb-15 08:19:53

Thanks. My heart sank when I saw another message from this person. He said something about not going to let it rest and he will get redress.

iklboo Tue 03-Feb-15 08:24:25

Tell him you didn't sell him a dress...... grin

anotherdayanothersquabble Tue 03-Feb-15 08:35:15

Find the text of the sale of goods act and spend the next few days copying and pasting bits of it and emailing it to him.

Annietheacrobat Tue 03-Feb-15 08:40:30

Just delete and ignore. Delete and ignore.

Annietheacrobat Tue 03-Feb-15 08:42:02

This is abusive behaviour now on his part. He is trying to grind you down.

alabastergirl Tue 03-Feb-15 08:45:10

He has no recourse whatsoever.

Did you reply?

ohdearitshappeningtome Tue 03-Feb-15 08:45:14

Contact ebay and seek their advice but until then reply you've contacted ebay then ignore

MrsCs Tue 03-Feb-15 08:45:16

What a knob

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: