Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

eBay-not same size as advertised

(5 Posts)
judydoes Tue 27-Jan-15 18:35:53

Ordered a 'worn once' suit. The jacket is a size smaller than advertised and doesn't fit me, well It's wearable but tight and uncomfortable. Does this come under not as described?

dementedpixie Tue 27-Jan-15 18:37:06

if it is a different size than advertised then yes, that counts as not as described

judydoes Tue 27-Jan-15 19:09:23

Brill, thank you. I only noticed after wearing it all day and thinking I must have put on weight!

nauticant Wed 28-Jan-15 20:42:13

If I were you I wouldn't mention about wearing the jacket all day to the seller or to ebay (if you open a case). Just tell the seller that the listing says size X and the label in the jacket says size Y. Say that because the listing was wrong you think it would be fair for you to receive a full refund and additionally for the seller to pay for tracked return mail/courier.

judydoes Thu 29-Jan-15 02:22:49

Good point. I hadn't ,thankfully. I was very matter-of-fact and just raised a case and wrote. 'Advertised as size Y , jacket is actually size X'.

I'll see what happens. Could be just an oversight I suppose, or the seller forgot, or she's a big (the smaller size) so thought I would be too rather than an overall the larger size. The skirt fits me fine! Quite annoying.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: