Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

I'm very confused - please help.

(32 Posts)
MyDogIsGorgeous Tue 27-Jan-15 18:32:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

chocolateorsalad Tue 27-Jan-15 18:43:30

Is the seller a new seller? When I first started selling I had to wait a few weeks for payments to come through until I built up my sales. That could be a reason why she's waiting on the funds.

Are you able to see the signature of whoever signed for your parcel? You should be able to dispute receiving the parcel ASAP. You've done your part. You should get your money back. It's then down to the seller to chase Hermes, but you shouldn't have to wait on her to do that before getting your money back.

alabastergirl Tue 27-Jan-15 18:49:42

if the payment is pending can't you cancel it from paypal? Or is it an echeque? When you login to paypal what does it say. If possible I would be logging into paypal and cancelling your payment immediately.

This sounds pretty dodgy. What is the tracking number? I would be opening a not received case tbh - her dispute with Hermes is not your issue and if they have lost it she needs to refund you and then chase it up with them, not make you wait.

19lottie82 Tue 27-Jan-15 22:49:16

I would open a not recieved case with ebay, but there are no guarantees that you will win if there is "proof" that the parcel has been delivered, I'm afraid.

MyDogIsGorgeous Wed 28-Jan-15 15:50:47

alabastergirl Wed 28-Jan-15 16:26:57

MyDog - have you logged into your paypal like I asked you to and actually looked at the payment?? If it is pending you may be able to cancel it anyway. Why is it pending, what does it show in your eBay - does it have an egg timer next to it? If so your seller may not be able to refund and you yourself actually have to cancel it.

glammanana Wed 28-Jan-15 16:27:45

would open INR with ebay asap,how does she know its your signature has she asked Hermes for a screenshot of it has she offered to send you the proof,this sounds very iffy to me and I don't normally say anything like that,request your money back and go to a reputable shop for your phone,you should never buy phones or ugg boots on e-bay lol.

alabastergirl Wed 28-Jan-15 16:28:54

a buyer won't win an INR if the seller has a signature...

Have you asked the seller for the tracking number?

glammanana Wed 28-Jan-15 16:29:38

P.S I didn't mean to make fun of your situation Op its just that so many scams are spoken about every day on the ebay boards and most are phones/uggs.

MyDogIsGorgeous Wed 28-Jan-15 17:16:20

MyDogIsGorgeous Wed 28-Jan-15 17:20:24

MyDogIsGorgeous Wed 28-Jan-15 17:21:14

alabastergirl Wed 28-Jan-15 17:28:20

the seller logs into paypal, clicks on your payment, scrolls down and clicks on refund. It is very easy to do. Do not cancel the claim.

Have you asked her for the tracking number?

MyDogIsGorgeous Wed 28-Jan-15 17:41:18

alabastergirl Wed 28-Jan-15 17:47:12

I don't think she has sent it then.

They give you tracking at point of purchase, and all she needs to do is log into Hermes and she can retrieve the tracking from there if she has deleted the order confirmation email.

fatbottomgirl67 Wed 28-Jan-15 17:47:33

Hi refunding on PayPal is really easy . Just log into payments find the name and scroll down and click refund. . Odd that she didn't have a tracking reference as it comes up instantly you pay . I would query it so you can look from your end

alabastergirl Wed 28-Jan-15 17:51:07

So if I were you - seeing as she has no tracking - you must escalate the claim now. You did it with paypal? If so you can do it now, don't wait a moment longer. It will not complicate anything further at all. And please neg the seller - they are being obstructive at best.

MyDogIsGorgeous Wed 28-Jan-15 17:56:07

MyDogIsGorgeous Wed 28-Jan-15 17:56:31

alabastergirl Wed 28-Jan-15 17:57:41

I would just escalate it now tbh - she is clearly mucking you around. And do neg and leave low stars.

MyDogIsGorgeous Wed 28-Jan-15 18:01:40

alabastergirl Wed 28-Jan-15 18:03:30

Yes she can still refund if you escalate. She can't drag it out because Paypal will refund if she refuses to. It won't take 30 days. Why don't you want to piss her off? Surely she should be dreading your neg and bending over backwards to resolve this.

MyDogIsGorgeous Wed 28-Jan-15 18:08:47

MyDogIsGorgeous Wed 28-Jan-15 21:03:03

alabastergirl Wed 28-Jan-15 21:13:03

goodness me - you most certainly must not under any circumstances close the case. I wonder if the payment has a hold on it due the high value of the item.

Have you messaged paypal to ask why the payment is pending?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: