Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Courier for larger items?

(6 Posts)
GreyMare Sun 18-Jan-15 13:31:20

I have got a couple of pieces of small furniture that I would like to list on ebay. I'm happy for people to collect in person but I would like to offer a delivery option to widen the appeal.
Can anyone suggest a courier? They are roughly dining chair sized but quite heavy.

lljkk Sun 18-Jan-15 14:56:50

it's an awful size, will not be cheap.
As a private courier account person I can't find anyone who undercuts ParcelForce. So about 39 quid for a single item, maybe more if you need high insurance. People who have business accounts with PF or other couriers can often get it down to like 40-50p/kg.
There's also a man-with-a-van service where you get bids to transport your item, but price very high, too.

glammanana Sun 18-Jan-15 16:24:57

To be quite honest I wouldn't go down the courier route myself collection only is far safer,you have no gaurentee that the item will arrive undamaged
and if it is damaged you have to prove that the courier did the damage and was not damaged prior to loading on his van,all sorts of problems really.I understand the widening the appeal for selling but if an item has to be returned if the buyer does not like it or says it is not as described you may have to foot the return cost.

newyear15 Sun 18-Jan-15 16:44:16

and make sure you only take cash if a buyer collects btw - never paypal.

GreyMare Sun 18-Jan-15 16:58:09

All really good points thank you all. I'm glad I asked smile

Lepaskilf Wed 28-Jan-15 19:05:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: