Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

charging extra for p&p to cover 10percent pp fee??

(7 Posts)
tahunny Wed 14-Jan-15 23:31:07

Was just on ebay looking for a knitting pattern. Found a nice one, item said new, unused. Im looking for ones I can build up into an album.
When I read the extra print added by seller, it says not genuine, but a4 paper copy. It then also says 2nd class post £1.10.
It also says in a section called "what am I paying for'' 10% extra to cover paypal fees. In total they want £3.30 for an a4 piece of paper.how can someone list something as new if its a photocopy of an original and then add their paypal fees on to the customer? Surely that's not right?

newyear15 Wed 14-Jan-15 23:42:45

no it isn't right. Against the rules.

tahunny Wed 14-Jan-15 23:49:09

Thankyou for the reply. I know some people do this, but to write it on their page I thought was cheeky. Guess I wont be ordering that one confused

glammanana Thu 15-Jan-15 11:40:47

You have done the right thing walk away and order from someone else,it is not ebay policy to charge for paypal fee's.
I have PM'd you re knitting patterns.

19lottie82 Thu 15-Jan-15 22:07:46

Newyear15...... It may be morally incorrect but it's not breaking any ebay rules. Nothing to stop a buyer leaving low stars for postage costs tho

newyear15 Thu 15-Jan-15 22:10:18

pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/listing-surcharges.html

19lottie82 Fri 16-Jan-15 11:22:05

apologies, my mistake, interesting to know.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: