Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Etiquette to responding to Best Offers

(5 Posts)
FreeButtonBee Thu 08-Jan-15 21:24:32

I haven't done a sale this way before. Had a lot of best offers for item to listed today and have just been declining them without comments. Should I be providing comments?

nauticant Thu 08-Jan-15 21:35:32

I write "Thanks for your message. I'll stick with the current price".

I try to be polite and business like on ebay and never regret resisting the temptation to be sarcastic or clever.

PurpleFrog Fri 09-Jan-15 10:39:52

Not sure exactly what you are asking.

Have you listed as Buy It Now with Best Offer? If so, you can submit a counter offer to their Best Offer if you feel it is too low. They then have 48 hours to accept or decline. If I decline outright I never leave comments!

If you have listed as an auction and people are asking for a Buy it Now price, then do as nauticant suggests.

newyear15 Fri 09-Jan-15 18:03:16

I never leave a comment either - why would you?

wobblywindows Sun 11-Jan-15 19:00:46

I don't usually comment. I set ebay to automatically decline anything lower than a price I set. When I get an offer I'll leave it a day or so, to see what else comes in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now