Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Starting selling

(7 Posts)
peckforton Mon 05-Jan-15 22:54:35

Is there a good time to start selling at this time of year or do I just start and re-list if not sold?

GuiltyAsAGirlCanBe Tue 06-Jan-15 00:02:57

A good rule of thumb is to do 10 day listings that end on a Sunday evening - so post on a Thursday evening. Or do buy it now and it doesn't matter when you start...

HarrietSchulenberg Tue 06-Jan-15 00:04:54

Someone on here once told me that Thursday eves are a good time for trade.

peckforton Tue 06-Jan-15 10:34:52

Thanks for that, also what is best to use myhermes or post office?

nickstmoritz Tue 06-Jan-15 11:49:54

Depends on how quickly you want delivery and size of item. Larger items are cheaper with Hermes but RM can be faster for small items eg you can send a top 1st class large letter if it is light, folds flat and fits in a small mail bag. This works well if you want to send with free P&P and it arrives the next day (usually) so you get good stars for speedy delivery. LL 1st signed is around £2. My advice is send all items tracked or at the very least always get proof of postage. Lots of people only use Hermes as they prefer it but I often use RM as I like to get items there ASAP. I buy all my packing items on ebay in largeish amounts so I have them to hand. It is thought that ending auctions on Sun or Mon eves is good but I do quite a lot of BIN now so it doesn't matter.

newyear15 Tue 06-Jan-15 12:03:48

I do everything Hermes and BIN with best offer. If auction I find Mon or Tues night best for end times. And I always use recycled packaging too. Oh and I always do free p&p. Guaranteed 5 stars then.

peckforton Tue 06-Jan-15 12:40:33

Thanks for that. I was wondering about buy it now and free postage as I have started buying stuff listed like that as the price is very clear.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now