Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Posting an item to EU

(6 Posts)
Behooven Thu 01-Jan-15 23:37:04

A bidder contacted me to ask if I would post to an EU country as I had UK only on the listing. She will pay the extra postage if she wins the auction so that's fine. How do I get paid the extra though as it's currently listed as £3.90 and will be about £15 if she wins?

Behooven Fri 02-Jan-15 19:27:29

Bump?

Petallic Fri 02-Jan-15 19:30:20

Add a postage policy with the eu shipping cost on and add it to your auction. You might also have to amend auction to allow bidders from EU to bid depending in how you have set it up.

Remind eu buyer to select the eu postage option as part of her checkout process.

Behooven Fri 02-Jan-15 19:34:14

Thanks pet. I just tried that but can't revise the postage (because it has bids)

Petallic Fri 02-Jan-15 19:40:29

Will it not allow you to add another postage option on top of the existing ones you already have on the auction? I know I've done it before but I'm a business seller so perhaps that makes a difference.

Try eBay chat to see if they can help you (they're not always totally useless!) or see if you are signed up to the eBay global seller programme (google if you aren't sure what it is - it's a new thing eBay have bought in). Then it allows overseas bidders to bid on your items, you do nothing different and ship to the address eBay give you in Northamptonshire or wherever and eBay sends it on abroad and you are only liable for getting it to the eBay dispatch centre. The buyer still pays extra postage but it's all calculated and paid direct to eBay.

Behooven Fri 02-Jan-15 19:48:23

Thanks, I'll try that now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now