Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Etiquette on accepting a but it now price?

(5 Posts)
GuiltyAsAGirlCanBe Wed 31-Dec-14 20:55:24

I have a dishwasher on that has already got it's starting bid of £25. Both the bidder and somebody else has messaged me and asked if I will accept a Buy it now price. The listing won't let me add one - presumably as I already have a bid, and my feeling is it is not fair on the bidder and I should just let it run, whilst accepting I may get a lower price. That is the right thing to do right, and the only way of doing it without ending the auction early I presume? The auction is due to end on Sunday.

SharonBu Wed 31-Dec-14 21:33:02

Yes it's the right thing to let the auction run. But probably the sensible thing as well. It's unlikely it will be a lower price in the end. They are just trying to get a bargain. Wait till Sunday and you might be pleasantly surprised. If not then at least your conscience is clear and you won't get a bad seller rating.

GuiltyAsAGirlCanBe Wed 31-Dec-14 21:50:12

Thanks! It has 16 watchers so hopefully that will be the case!

People are cheeky aren't they? I would never ask a buyer to give me a bin price on an auction that already has bids! I would just bid and chance my luck like everyone else!

newyear15 Thu 01-Jan-15 01:31:30

not necessarily cheeky nor is it likely to give you a bad seller rating.

Make sure you don't take paypal if they collect.

GuiltyAsAGirlCanBe Mon 05-Jan-15 00:17:48

Just a quick update - let the auction run and sold for £82! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now