Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Ebay "Me" Pages : the late great resource - could MN be the new centre of expertise?

(3 Posts)
TalkinPeace Sun 21-Dec-14 16:12:10

A silly thing, but on another board last week I was clocked as being a long standing ebayer, who had an information page that was used by lots and lots of ebay sellers
(the rough incarnation is here
talkinpeacemepage.wordpress.com/2014/09/10/the-talkinpeace-me-page-as-it-was-before-being-evicted-by-ebay/ )

Mine was one of many.

I know for a fact that several of the others have their pages stored (Cuddly Hippos "how to spot scams" was one of the best)

Is there a way that MNHQ could set up something along the same lines as they were a FAB resource - and could be applied to lots of bits of MN, not just members trying to balance the books on Ebay

DoubleValiumLattePlease Thu 25-Dec-14 21:24:44

I think this is a really good idea. Did they ever explain why the killed the 'ME' page? I never had one but I frequently used to consult Cuddly's page for tech advice. Perhaps post this suggestion in 'Site Stuff'?

TalkinPeace Fri 26-Dec-14 15:26:45

Ebay took the pages down because too many people had links to ways to get round Ebay's petty rules
BUT
they did not warn any of us
luckily I'd always stored my own HTML, but many of the resources were lost forever

its tricky because for every two that were great and useful there was one that was a PITA
when the Pinks ran the ebay boards, bods like James and Richard knew us and managed it
but the new moderators are clearly cheaper.

I suppose I could blog it, but the joy of the me page is that I could upload a new version and make updates and anybody clicking on it ONLY saw the current version.

MNHQ know about the page because I've also got my spreadsheet thread that I'm allowed to bump as its a "resource" for MNers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now