Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

what should I do here? cut my losses?

(10 Posts)
margaritasroastingbyanopenfire Sun 21-Dec-14 14:27:41

I ordered some folding chairs for extra space over christmas which proved to be awful. They kept tipping over. I requested a return and the seller was diffucult about it. Eventually they offered me to arrange my own return and they provided mewith a code to pay for it. I know now I should have gone strictly through ebay but as I was in a hurry as we were flying to see relatives a few days after I agreed and they were picked up.

the seller then said they had been returned with one damaged. It had clearlybeen slashed by someone. Ithen said I was going ti contact ebay for them to resolvs it, which I did. They have now independently if that offered a refund minus the cost of the damaged chair.they have told me to reclaim the last part from the courier.
Should I accept their offer or wait for ebay?

I know I have gone about it arse over tit.

margaritasroastingbyanopenfire Sun 21-Dec-14 16:21:15

Bump

Twinklebells Sun 21-Dec-14 16:38:09

what code for return?

You are entitled to a full refund though aren't you? How do you know it has been slashed? Do you have online proof of the return - if so open a case with eBay. And neg the seller too.

margaritasroastingbyanopenfire Sun 21-Dec-14 19:18:54

It was a promo code. Very cheeky of them which I knew but wanted them off my hands as I was going away.
they sent a picture of them. It s very clear they have been slashed with a box cutter or somthing like it.
will they just be refunded by ebay?
I have opened a return with them.

Twinklebells Sun 21-Dec-14 19:46:36

a promo code for what - a discounted courier? So they made money from you buying a courier return to send back a faulty item?

Will who be refunded by eBay?

margaritasroastingbyanopenfire Sun 21-Dec-14 21:18:01

Well, me I hope.
I dont think they would have made money from me booking the courier but neither did they pay for it. It was a promo code for a first use of the delivery company

Twinklebells Sun 21-Dec-14 21:20:19

oh you weren't clear - when you said will they just be refunded I thought you meant the seller.

I would presume the promo code gave them some cash for recommending you. But yep eBay should refund you in full but the cost of the courier that will be a loss unless the seller willingly pays that to you.

margaritasroastingbyanopenfire Sun 21-Dec-14 21:24:16

Thanks. Ill hang on then. I didnt have to pay for the courier so no loss there.

Twinklebells Sun 21-Dec-14 21:56:18

oh that is good - and you have a note of the tracking number to give eBay?

margaritasroastingbyanopenfire Mon 22-Dec-14 13:41:51

Yes I should have it at home. We're still away. Thanks for your help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now