Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Anyone used Preloved for selling furniture, toys etc?

(7 Posts)
cricketpitch Sat 20-Dec-14 14:03:31

I have sold some stuff on ebay over a period of five or six years - more or less successfully but not for a lot of money.

Recently however stuff has gone for very low prices and I have had so many problems arranging pick-ups etc and the whole thing has been hugely stressful.

Gumtree didn't work either as didn't get messages and many buyers didn't materialise in the end. So...

I wondered about Preloved. has anyone any experience of selling or buying with them?

glammanana Sat 20-Dec-14 16:56:33

Whilst it is really setting things up on Preloved you only place 3 pics (not sure if you can pay for more) I put on some really good kids stuff and never even got a reply for any of them,have you tried facebooks local selling in your area my DD has really good response's to that and sells loads of her toys & clothes,netmums also have a good response so I'm told.

glammanana Sat 20-Dec-14 17:00:43

^^ should read above,whilst it is really easy !! this keyboard has a mind of it's own to-day !!

cricketpitch Sat 20-Dec-14 17:40:39

That's helpful, thank you. I'll try local facebook selling pages.

Any scams I should be aware of?

glammanana Sun 21-Dec-14 15:31:12

No scams as such just keep your wits about you and always have someone at home with you if you arrange for collection only deals,never arrange to drop off on your own just everyday common sense really. Best of Luck with your sales.x

MisForMumNotMaid Sun 21-Dec-14 15:36:32

Its free to use preloved for basic adverts and I've used them for big pick up only items, often in parallel to ebay BIN listings. I've had some success but only tend to use it for things that I don't need straight out the door.

As a buyer its free to respond to adverts after 10 days so a percentage of bargain hunters, me included, can suddenly access your details at this time.

cricketpitch Sun 21-Dec-14 22:50:37

Thank you - all very helpful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now