Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

eBay free return label? Thick question!

(9 Posts)
Fluffycloudland77 Sat 20-Dec-14 12:08:27

I'm returning an item & I went through the "return item" process on eBay.

It's printed me out a return label for Royal Mail with a 48 hr tracked number on it.

Do I just stick this on the parcel? It all seems a bit too good to be true.

glammanana Sat 20-Dec-14 13:29:21

Make sure you load the tracking number on to your process before you take to PO and keep a note of it for your own records,you will be able to track on line but PO are notoriously slow in uploading the progress.

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 20-Dec-14 15:28:50

Does it cost me anything? The sellers just refunded me confused

Twinklebells Sat 20-Dec-14 16:17:49

if it cost you it would have told you before you printed it out. You need to take the parcel to the post office and hand it in for them to scan it.

Petallic Sat 20-Dec-14 16:21:22

It costs the seller. You do just stick on the parcel but I would hand in to post office counter and ask for a proof of postage - I don't think it will track properly if you just pop it in a post box

Twinklebells Sat 20-Dec-14 16:22:14

it doesn't always cost the seller - it can cost the buyer sometimes.

Petallic Sat 20-Dec-14 16:22:34

Although if the seller has already refunded you they might not want you to send it back (ebay charge them for their returns service) I would check that they still want you to post item if they have refunded you before receiving item back

Petallic Sat 20-Dec-14 16:25:56

Twinkle that's interesting to know - I'm an Ebay seller and just had my 1st eBay managed returns today, I assumed that I would have to bear the cost of any of these returns.

Twinklebells Sat 20-Dec-14 16:33:11

no not always - I as a buyer have been asked to pay by paypal before printing out a label.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now