Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Buyer 0 feedback paid by paypal with Ebay global shipping any risks?

(6 Posts)
MisForMumNotMaid Wed 17-Dec-14 11:41:29

I've just sold a nexus tablet for my sister on Ebay and its been brought by someone in France using this new ebay global shipping thing. I ship to an ebay address and they ship on.

I've sold one thing via global shipping before a massive amount of boxed connex that i'd listed at £50 but sold for £20 because the buyer said shipping costs were going to be high. He then left neutral feedback because he liked the product but didn't think that postage was fair - it was eBays bloomin postage cost and not in my control and I'd discounted.

The buyer has paid via paypal but has 0 feedback. What are the risks to me?

19lottie82 Wed 17-Dec-14 13:24:59

the main risk here is that he / she will buy your tablet, say it's not working, then you have to pay the return postage, only to find they have replaced it with a faulty version of the same model.

if you send it make sure you take a note of and photos of the serial numbers.

MisForMumNotMaid Wed 17-Dec-14 14:06:13

Thank you i will do that. I've been reading all the global terms and it seams okay to send.

19lottie82 Wed 17-Dec-14 14:17:50

I'm sure it will all be OK, BUT if they do contact you claiming it's faulty / damaged, just let them you know that that's fine, but you have taken photos of the condition in left in (inc secure packaging) and all the serial numbers of the original tablet in order to prevent fraudulent returns.

alltoomuchrightnow Wed 17-Dec-14 17:42:01

i was wondering this too. If item is NOT faulty.... will ebay still go in favour of buyer? e.g. if buyer changes mind? would seller have to pay for return?

19lottie82 Sun 28-Dec-14 18:02:29

Officially,no. But realistically the buyer can claim an item is faulty then the seller will have to pay for the return postage and refund in full, inc original shipping costs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now