Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

another post today , not having much luck! What do I do here...to get final value fees back

(18 Posts)
alltoomuchrightnow Wed 10-Dec-14 23:01:45

I wrote a post earlier re someone wanting a refund as they had obviously changed mind.
I also have a case open re a non payer

To top it all... I just get this message from another buyer, well , another NON buyer....
´This was ordered with my account by my daughter and she did not realize i have no funds in my bank and no other form of paying. I apologize and hope you can cancel the order please.'

What do I do to get my fees back? do i still have to open a case? as she was apologetic I'll cancel the sale though siiigh..... i really can't afford to keep doing this. do i have to open a case in order to get final value fees back

Wow.. I have no fees in my bank either...nor my Paypal account! :-(

Patchworkqueen Wed 10-Dec-14 23:50:21

yes open a non payer case - guaranteed to get fees back then.

alltoomuchrightnow Wed 10-Dec-14 23:53:04

ok will do.. will tell her I'm doing so first. oh but how do I then close it? as i already know she won't pay. does she need to do anything

Patchworkqueen Thu 11-Dec-14 00:08:10

close it in 4 days time. And add her to blocked bidder list too.

alltoomuchrightnow Thu 11-Dec-14 00:16:27

she's in Spain, but i had opted for ebays uk shipping scheme .

alltoomuchrightnow Thu 11-Dec-14 00:16:46

where it goes to a UK shipping centre (i'm in UK)

Dumbledoresgirl Thu 11-Dec-14 12:17:15

Gosh you aren't having much fun on ebay at the moment are you?

FWIW, I've had this happen to me too in the past. Yes, I think opening a non payment case is the way to go. Or can you just cancel the transaction? There is that option next to the notification of the items you have sold.

I really just wanted to write something to say wow re the buyer you had who left positive feedback and then a week later said she wanted a refund. I read about it last night and have been thinking about it ever since. The cheek of her!

Patchworkqueen Thu 11-Dec-14 13:21:22

well not really tbh - I mean you could leave pos feedback when you open an item but not check it properly, and then when you go to use it a week or 2 later find it isn't as you thought. Hardly cheeky. Leaving feedback and opening a case are completely separate. Leaving good feedback does not mean you can't open a case.

alltoomuchrightnow Thu 11-Dec-14 13:28:29

true.
but if i had 'accidentally' 'bought' something, I'd pay up....it's not for a huge amount.

Patchworkqueen Thu 11-Dec-14 13:36:52

I'm not talking about accidentally buying something - I am saying that it is not cheeky to open a case after you have left positive feedback.

Don't send the accidental buyer a cancellation request because they can refuse it and then still neg and leave you with fees. File an unpaid case then you have more protection.

Dumbledoresgirl Thu 11-Dec-14 14:37:17

Well, I disagree. She had ample time in which to discover that the item was not as she expected it to be. And personally, when I receive feedback from a buyer, I take that to be the end of the transaction. Someone buys, I post, they receive and assess what they receive, they leave feedback. Somewhere along that line, I as the seller leave feedback. We all move on.

Obviously ebay agrees with you that the buyer can return the item a week later, or demand a refund, or whatever else they like, so I am clearly 'in the wrong' but that doesn't stop me finding it cheeky that anyone should go through that process.

And as a seller, I sympathise with alltoomuchrightnow who has had a number of disappointing dealings with customers on ebay lately.

Patchworkqueen Thu 11-Dec-14 15:52:43

Not all items are checked at time of delivery and sometimes may not be used until a later date - what if it is a present for someone or something to be used in the future. That doesn't make someone cheeky does it?

Where have I said I don't sympathise?? Honestly - how ridiculous. Leaving feedback is not the end of the transaction - that is why eBay have the amount of time to open a case so if a fault occurs or becomes evident a buyer still has some comeback. Does me agreeing with that make me cheeky too I wonder!?

Dumbledoresgirl Thu 11-Dec-14 17:53:05

I didn't say you didn't sympathise! I simply said I did.

And I happen to think that feedback is just that: feedback. So when you are feeding back on an item you have bought you are saying you are either satisfied with it, or not. The buyer said she was satisfied. Then a week later, she decides she is not satisfied.

It's either cheeky or highly suspect in my book. And no, you are not cheeky. You just disagree with me. That's ok.

nickstmoritz Thu 11-Dec-14 22:38:14

OP I would ask the buyer to agree to a cancellation with the option "buyer changed mind/bought by mistake" as the reason. Message the buyer first and ask them to agree to cancel as it means you don't have to open non payment case (better for them)and you will get your fees back - be polite and business like. As soon as they agree, you get fees back. I think it is a bit different to a general non payer no comms type buyer (non payment case would be opened) and I have never had anyone refuse to cancel in a change of mind case like that (even if they don't bother to actually accept it defaults in your favour after a few days anyway). Then by all means add to BBL it is a total pain when people do this - I have recently had 2 different people "change mind" BEFORE paying on the same item - really annoying - now up on it's third re list.

nickstmoritz Thu 11-Dec-14 22:41:54

my reasoning for above suggestion btw is that if you open a non payment case they may feel pressured into buying then trash your fb as they feel annoyed you opened a case. A cancellation can be simpler and you are the "injured party" so to speak. As long as you tick for buyer changed mind you won't get a defect for cancellation.

alltoomuchrightnow Fri 12-Dec-14 17:48:46

ok where do i find that for 'buyer changed mind' and will i get full fees back? But, i think they can't leave neg FB if a case is opened against them

alltoomuchrightnow Fri 12-Dec-14 17:49:44

or rather, how do i cancel without opening the case? grrr why can't she just pay out of goodwill. she's not answered me since her first email about anything

Patchworkqueen Fri 12-Dec-14 17:51:18

you won't get your fees back if she refuses - and now you have opened a non paying case you need to leave it to run.

If she is not communicating a non paying case is recommended - plus you know she won't be able to neg. And if she makes a habit of this she will get too many strikes and lose her account.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now