Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Communication from buyer - was she at it?

(3 Posts)
myotherusernameisbetter Sat 06-Dec-14 19:01:42

I've been selling a few Wii games and DVDs. Sons have checked they've been working and i've assessed the condition.

some did have light surface scratching but as far as I can remember this particular one was pretty decent and I've listed it as Very Good. Some have been Like New and some Good. Anything below that and I haven't listed it. It was fixed price £9 plus £1.24 postage.

Anyway I get the following message from the buyer:

Hi Hun just received this game and I'm not very happy with it. It was described as being in very good condition and its absolutely covered in scratches

I responded within 10 minutes of receiving her message with:

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the game. I did check it prior to sending and deemed it Very good based on the categorisations given. My son tested all the games too and said it played perfectly. However, I am happy to refund you the cost, your postage and the return postage if you'd like to return it. My address is xxxxxxxxx. Alternatively if you want to keep the game I could refund you £2.50. let me know what you'd like to do.

Thanks

that was 2 days ago and nothing....... I feel it is a bit odd. Do you think my response was fair? The buyer has over 400 feedback 100% positive.

Or do you think she has maybe just returned it without telling me? she hasn't left feedback yet so the ball is in her court isn't it?

glammanana Sat 06-Dec-14 20:16:14

I think anyone who started a complaint with "hi hun" cannot be taken seriously really,now she knows you will refund etc in the correct manner I think maybe she was trying it on a bit,I would leave things as they are and see if she returns the item but she should send it tracked for her own peace of mind, if she was going to open a case for not as discribed you would have heard by now.

myotherusernameisbetter Sat 06-Dec-14 20:29:40

thanks glam - I was trying not to judge the "hun" bit although it makes my teeth itch.

I just thought at the least she would take me up on the £2.50 off - which is basically the cost of the postage both ways. There was no way I was refunding and letting her keep it if that was what she was after.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now