Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

item wrongly described

(6 Posts)
natharley11 Thu 27-Nov-14 10:44:23

item wrong size 6 -7 not 5-6
however went very low so to return it would cost as much very bulky kids dressing gown.

have emailed seller inform wrong size and took week and half turn up
wwyd is it possible to keep but low star maybe ???

Blossomy14 Thu 27-Nov-14 11:00:03

open a case and ask eBay to pay return postage - and why wouldn't you neg as well as low star rating?

grumpyoldgitagain Thu 27-Nov-14 11:37:32

So you have bid and bought a kids dressing gown very cheaply and it has turned up the next size up to suit age 6-7 rather than 5-6

Personally in that situation I would just keep it and enjoy the fact that they would get an extra couple of years use out of it, unless it really drowns them in size and is completely unsuitable for them to wear

They grow so quickly I normally buy the next size up so they actually get a decent amount of wear out of it

Although strictly speaking the item is not as described but if you open a case then you will have to return it you won't get to keep it as well as a refund

Blossomy14 Thu 27-Nov-14 12:08:50

not necessarily - eBay do sometimes give no fault refunds without the need for a return.

natharley11 Thu 27-Nov-14 13:04:18

not wanting a refund and keep item. just wondering if decide keep item what sort of feedback to leave

nickstmoritz Fri 28-Nov-14 00:16:29

Unless the dressing gown is crap then leave ok fb. It wasn't a perfect transaction but I would give your fellow ebayer a break and just say Received item thanks with 4 stars for speed & description. 3 stars or less gives a seller a defect and can damage their account so a bit mean unless you are totally unhappy with the item. tbh it is probably a mum trying to have a clear out and get some cash for Xmas & mistakes can happen. If it was cheap and is clean and useable even if slightly large I don't think it's that bad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now