Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Non-receipt of Tracked Item

(31 Posts)
Overtiredbackagain Mon 24-Nov-14 19:08:18

I ordered a pair of boots to be delivered to my work address, previously no issues with delivery of any orders. Seller sent tracked. Royal Mail today saying item delivered but name given is not anyone employed by our Building security or reception and I have not received boots.

Contacted seller and advised them but they are refusing to help because as far as they are concerned item was delivered hmm

What can I do? Am I destined to lose the money and the boots? confused

TalkinPeace Mon 24-Nov-14 20:28:38

report it to Royal mail as stolen by the postman
if they cannot prove which of your staff it was signed for

on the other hand, was it delivered to your paypal address ......

Overtiredbackagain Mon 24-Nov-14 21:37:12

It was addressed to my work which is confirmed and verified eBay address, not my PayPal address. I have received all other eBay items sent to my work address.

The building security have confirmed no member of staff as per the signature on tracking receipt, neither does my company employ anyone if that name.

I just don't see how I can prove I haven't received them confused

Fruityb Mon 24-Nov-14 21:40:59

Ask the PO to track who delivered it and who signed for it. You shouldn't have to prove anything and if they didn't deliver them to you personally and you didn't specify someone else could sign for it then it's their fault. They should prove you do not you.

Complain your ass off. Royal Mail are rubbish for things like this!

TalkinPeace Mon 24-Nov-14 21:41:06

put in a claim to the post office for theft

tell the seller that you will be reporting it as undelivered and they will have to sort it with the post office as you are alleging theft

Fruityb Mon 24-Nov-14 21:41:27

Royal Mail rather not the post office.

Overtiredbackagain Mon 24-Nov-14 22:08:32

Thanks guys, it's not a massive amount, £30, but it's £30 I can't afford to lose, especially this time of year, just needed a nice pair if comfortable, smart boots to wear to work to keep warm.

The sellers response has really upset it "it's signed for, therefore delivered, case closed" hmm

TalkinPeace Tue 25-Nov-14 08:40:07

open a dispute

Blossomy14 Tue 25-Nov-14 08:49:40

you can't open and win a dispute as the seller has proof of a delivery. All you can do is contact RM but they don't have the contract with you so may do nothing. Did you pay by credit card or card verified by Visa?

TalkinPeace Tue 25-Nov-14 08:58:35

being mean, the delivery address was not the paypal address ..... paypoo will side with the buyer if the address was not THEIR one wink

Blossomy14 Tue 25-Nov-14 09:08:34

no - it was sent to a paypal verified address so paypal will not side with the buyer.

Overtiredbackagain Tue 25-Nov-14 09:10:49

So basically I am screwed! Someone has stolen my boots, and I lose out? hmm How is that fair?

MrsCurrent Tue 25-Nov-14 09:12:46

If you've got a name I would ring all the neighbouring companies, I have to do that all the time as our work's postie is a nightmare.

Overtiredbackagain Tue 25-Nov-14 09:19:49

That's not easy, I work in the City, there's 15 companies just in my building hmm

Overtiredbackagain Tue 25-Nov-14 09:20:53

Surely it's not down to me to try and track an item that was sent TO me, not by me?

grumpyoldgitagain Tue 25-Nov-14 09:23:20

Sounds like the postman has delivered it to one of the others in the building

Or does the building have a reception desk and direct people in the right direction for each different company once they know who they are here to see

MrsCurrent Tue 25-Nov-14 09:24:43

You just decided you were screwed and lost out, if it was me I'd be ringing those 15 companies before declaring they're gone forever.

Overtiredbackagain Tue 25-Nov-14 09:26:41

No, any deliveries that require a signature are sent up to relevant company, so our reception sign for mail and couriers

Peedie Tue 25-Nov-14 09:27:35

Can I offer the other view here - I have experienced this from the sellers point of view. The person said they'd not signed for it but I had a signature at the right address. I was concerned that they had signed with a different name and were looking for a refund despite having got it. Your complaint is with the Royal Mail, there's no point getting agitated at the seller. Hope you get it sorted.

Overtiredbackagain Tue 25-Nov-14 09:32:54

Not agitated by seller, just their lack of even offering advice?! Signed for therefore not my problem?!

I had to pay for postage, so I want the service I paid for, surely that's not unreasonable?

grumpyoldgitagain Tue 25-Nov-14 09:33:32

Doesn't mean that the postman actually got the right company to sign for it though

Overtiredbackagain Tue 25-Nov-14 09:38:25

But it shouldn't be down time to have to track it? I don't have time to call 15 different companies hmm

grumpyoldgitagain Tue 25-Nov-14 09:41:37

If he has 15 companies to deliver too in the same building I would assume the reception desk just let him wander past on his merry delivering way every day

He will have had yours in his hand for signing and more than likely just delivered it and it being signed for by the wrong company

My useless postie brought me a special delivery signed for last week and handed me my post at the same time
Took it inside after he had gone and the post was for the neighbour, went up the road to there house and they had ours, some of them are just complete fuckwits

Overtiredbackagain Tue 25-Nov-14 09:42:14

Another question if I paid through PayPal but using visa verified debit card, do I have any protection? Thanks

grumpyoldgitagain Tue 25-Nov-14 09:43:40

It shouldn't be upto you I agree but its probably the quickest way

Do you ever see the postie to ask next time your work gets mail or maybe get reception to collar him when he comes on your behalf

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now