Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Counterfeit??

(10 Posts)
Isawmommykissingsantaclaus14 Sat 15-Nov-14 12:26:31

Hi, I sold an item this morning. The lady came to collect it today and has just messaged me basically saying it is fake and accusing me of selling counterfeit items. Now I am shocked. I believed it to be 100% genuine. What happens now? I am sure I will get my feedback trashed. Do I ask her to send it back? Help!!

Prizepudding Sat 15-Nov-14 12:43:36

Ask her to return and you will refund the money. Be wary though as I am sure people have been scammed in this situation before, she may try to return a 'fake' same item in place of your original item. I am sure someone more knowledgable will give better advice though.

Isawmommykissingsantaclaus14 Sat 15-Nov-14 13:25:18

Thanks. My item has a very distinctive mark on it so I would know if I had got mine back.

LadySybilLikesCake Sat 15-Nov-14 13:28:20

Did she pay in cash or via paypal? It should be cash if she collects it, and it's sold as seen. You don't have to refund her.

Isawmommykissingsantaclaus14 Sat 15-Nov-14 13:40:53

Cash

LadySybilLikesCake Sat 15-Nov-14 13:43:08

You don't need to refund it. 'Sold as seen'. She had the time to check it over before she paid for it.

Brewstersmillions Sun 16-Nov-14 12:51:11

Ignore her don't respond to messages . she can't do anything if it's cash on collection eBay won't get involved . If you get a negative don't worry just respond to it .

Fullpleatherjacket Sun 16-Nov-14 12:57:08

Ebay won't do anything. If she's collected it in person and paid cash she's deemed to have inspected the goods and accepted them.

Don't engage beyond pointing this out and definitely don't refund.

Unfortunately she's likely to neg you but you have a right of reply explaining the situation.

Chrissy41 Sun 16-Nov-14 13:18:09

If she does bring it back only refund in cash. Don't start sending her money by paypal. It is correct that eBay won't get involved as it was a cash sale. But she will prob neg and trash your stars. I think if it were me I would ask her to bring it back in the condition you gave it to her, and then once you have inspected your security marks you will refund.

You could refuse to refund but I don't think it is worth the hassle or bad feeling. Up to you really.

SistersOfPercy Mon 17-Nov-14 17:13:33

Just fence sitting for a second...

You say you 'believe it to be genuine'. Where did you buy it? Is there any element of doubt?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now