Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Dress not from shop stated

(10 Posts)
MrsFruitcake Sat 15-Nov-14 09:29:55

Purchased a dress which seller said was from Phase Eight and it arrived today. Labels had been cut out and the ends left were not Phase Eight labels - wrong colour and size. The size tag in the skirt had also been cut but the sizing looked like the labels in Asda clothes. The dress is made of cheap, flimsy fabric and I'm not happy.

What can I do, if anything?

alemci Sat 15-Nov-14 09:41:50

you could email seller first as maybe it is a genuine mix up. they should refund and should pay your return postage.

then if no joy open a case. item is not as described

NewEraNewMindset Sat 15-Nov-14 09:46:26

MrsFruitcake did you pay through PayPal? If you did you should find it pretty easy to get your money refunded to you as long as you file a claim before the 45 day deadline.

I think it would be correct to contact the seller first to say the items are not as described and you would like your money refunded to you. If they try and argue then I would file a claim straightway.

If the owner asks for the goods back before refunding you I would tread very carefully. I would hate for you to have no goods and no refund.

Chrissy41 Sat 15-Nov-14 10:51:33

just open a not as described case and follow ebay instructions. And when you return you need to send tracked. eBay will make this clear to you - it is pretty foolproof.

Tryharder Sat 15-Nov-14 17:29:53

You will have to return the item before a refund is issued. Otherwise everyone would be claiming their item free of charge!

Chrissy41 Sat 15-Nov-14 18:55:55

not necessarily - eBay do issue no fault refunds without the need for a return, not often but it does happen.

MrsFruitcake Mon 24-Nov-14 09:16:11

Seller not playing ball - will refund me minus postage so I've had to open a case as she won't agree to anything else.

Blossomy14 Mon 24-Nov-14 10:19:16

make sure you do neg and leave low stars - they are clearly breaking the rules.

MrsFruitcake Sun 30-Nov-14 17:25:03

Ebay refunded me in full today but now I've received an email from the seller saying I haven't sent the dress back and she's going to contact ebay...can she do that? I told her I'd post it tomorrow but technically I'll be out of pocket won't I?

Blossomy14 Sun 30-Nov-14 18:00:19

no you don't need to send it back - I presume eBay gave a no fault refund so seller still has your money.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now