Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Item not as described - wwyd?

(5 Posts)
ItMustBeALime Mon 10-Nov-14 19:43:47

Just bought 2 toys from ebay from a seller with zero feedback (I know, I know, but everyone has to start somewhere...)

My paypal payment is still in the 'egg timer' pending state but the seller dispatched straight away anyway.

One of the toys is ok. The other, which was described as 'has never been opened before' is in a battered box with the corners held together by sellotape and the individual bits inside are open.

This is no good to me at all as I was buying it as a present.

Should I open a not as described case? As seller didn't say it was new, but did say 'never been opened before' which implies new.

And how do you go about opening a case anyway, especially since so far I haven't even paid for them (well I have, but the money is in a paypal limbo...)

Help!

EhricLovesTheBhrothers Mon 10-Nov-14 19:55:36

Yes, open a case. Of you open eBay on your desktop you can find the resolution centre which will lead you to opening a case.

Chrissy41 Tue 11-Nov-14 07:56:50

egg timer - wrong email address on listing. If you go into paypal you can cancel the payment?

glammanana Tue 11-Nov-14 11:26:47

Chrissy Do pay-pal not hold payment to new buyers for 21 days until feedback is received from buyer or is the egg-timer something different ?. Just being nosey really glamma x

SistersOfPercy Wed 12-Nov-14 00:14:52

It could be that it's being held until feedback is left yes.
Raise the dispute through eBay, depending on whether the seller is enrolled in the new returns program you might find they have to pay for return postage for not as described.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now