Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Item not as described, but still okay. What would you do?

(15 Posts)
Lepaskilf Thu 06-Nov-14 14:22:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SeptemberBabies Thu 06-Nov-14 14:27:27

I would exact the seller to ask for the pram back an be refunded.

I can understand that you might prefer to have a partial refund because you feel you paid too much for the condition of the pram, but you cannot know what the price would have bid up to.

It is unfair to expect a seller to give a partial refund. They may offer this, but you cannot expect it.

You can mark the sellers detailed seller rating stars lower for item description.

Lepaskilf Thu 06-Nov-14 14:34:48

Lepaskilf Thu 06-Nov-14 14:56:49

SeptemberBabies Thu 06-Nov-14 15:17:58

It depends on how important it is to you.

If it is important enough to send it back for a refund then tell the seller that and see what they say. Since it was not as described the seller should offer to pay return postage. Whether they will or not is another thing. But you could base your feedback comment on this.

If it is not important enough for the hassle of repackaging, returning and then rebuying, then don't chase the seller for money back.

You still should tell the seller how you feel (which you have) and should accept at least an apology that you are unhappy with your purchase. You can state your unhappiness in feedback and detailed seller ratings a you feel necessary.

Remember that DSR and feedback strongly adversely affect a seller's ability to continue selling. I am not suggesting that you therefore don't leave low stars or non-positive feedback, but please be fair and reasonable in your use of the system.

I hope your message to the seller (and their reply) was done through ebay messages otherwise the seller could appeal any feedback you leave on the basis that you didn't give chance to resolve the problem.

Chrissy41 Thu 06-Nov-14 17:57:39

why would you be happy with a mouldy pram? I would open a case and let ebay decide and if she is selling not as described and refusing to resolve why on earth wouldn't you neg?

WanderingTrolley1 Thu 06-Nov-14 18:04:21

I would expect a partial refund or full refund for return (and cut return postage loss) or open a not as described case.

Purpleroxy Thu 06-Nov-14 18:05:04

Agree with Chrissy.

Describing a pram with mildew, holes and a ripped rain cover and poor brakes as in excellent condition is simply lying and I'd give 1 star for item as described. Although this may adversely affect the seller's ratings, this is what eBay feedback is for - so future buyers are warned that she lies about things being in "excellent" condition.

Mildew isn't wear and tear, it's been stored incorrectly!

MotherOfInsomniacToddlers Thu 06-Nov-14 18:11:20

Open a case against the seller, if it's not as described they are taking the piss

Lepaskilf Thu 06-Nov-14 18:37:08

Chrissy41 Thu 06-Nov-14 18:38:52

so do open the case and see what happens -eBay may provide return postage or a no fault refund. But I think you need to neg and leave low stars. I don't understand why you wouldn't really.

Lepaskilf Thu 06-Nov-14 18:46:36

Nanny0gg Thu 06-Nov-14 22:11:32

The state you've described isn't a bargain!

She's been very economical with the truth and I wouldn't want it.

bobs123 Thu 06-Nov-14 22:17:40

Definitely open a case as not as described and include pictures. I believe ebay started something this year where they can return the postage to you as before it was negotiable. This could possible just be for business sellers. I hope you have communicated through ebay so far.

Lepaskilf Fri 07-Nov-14 21:49:05

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now