Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Is Monday a really rubbish day to end a item on?

(7 Posts)
Finbar Mon 03-Nov-14 10:19:04

Have always done Sundays - but missed the boat yesterday.

What's the best time or day to get a good sale in your experience?

bobs123 Mon 03-Nov-14 10:21:19

I've always done 10 day auctions starting Thurs and finishing Sunday. There might be more info on ebay forums?

nickstmoritz Mon 03-Nov-14 10:36:58

Mon eve is fine - sometimes better than Sun as doesn't clash with tv and people don't have Sun eve chores (getting school stuff ready etc) if the item is popular it will get plenty of bids on a Mon eve.

Finbar Mon 03-Nov-14 10:57:27

Thanks. That's interesting.
Maybe I'll do some tonight and some on a 10 dayer as a test!

Chrissy41 Mon 03-Nov-14 11:21:48

Mon or Tues night is better than Sundays I think. And always 8-9pm - pointless ending during the day. And perhaps try BIN for 30 days with best offer instead of auction - then end time makes no difference.

lljkk Mon 03-Nov-14 11:21:50

People speculate wildly but nobody really knows. And how accurate an answer do you want. I kept track of a certain item (premium kids sports gear) for a whole year (yes 12 months, every sale). I even graded items by condition. About 600 sales in total.

Friday evenings got best prices (fewest ending then). Wednesday 2nd best evening. Sunday morning sold for lowest price. January lowest prices, November highest prices. So we are now in high price season ,but low prices will follow straight after.

Other people Swear by Sunday or Monday or Tues evening. I only sell buy-it-nows nowadays, anyway, which is another way to get a decent price for certain.

NormHonal Mon 03-Nov-14 11:25:58

IIRC "eBay for Dummies" says Monday lunchtime (when people are bored at work) is a GOOD time to end items.

I've done various times and have had decent results from Monday sales, FWIW.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now